+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post MY Giants v Browns REVIEW:

#1 – Eli was on point. This may have been Eli’s best game yet. His throws were on point and straight dimes. The one blemish was the INT, and that was even a perfect pass that was ruined by a non called pass interference on the defense and a lucky bounce. That throw was perfect though. Eli is absolutely shredding it right now. Once again, I wouldn’t want another QB in the NFL leading our team. Here is another thing to look at: Look at the receiving leaders this season by game… Week 1: Victor Cruz (58 yards), Week 2: Hakeem Nicks (199 yards), Week 3: Ramses Barden (138 yards), Week 4: Dominik Hixon (114 yards), Week 5: Rueben Randle (82 yards). 5 Weeks, 5 different leading WRs. It does not matter who he has, he is going to find them. I’m guessing next week it will be Bennett. Eli is obviously the MVP of the Giants, and it stinks he will never get the shot at a league MVP because the Giants don’t pad stats for him like some teams do for their QBs, but we all know he could be.

#2 – I was impressed with Randle. He looked very solid in the first half, but kind of disappeared in the second half. When he was given his shot though, he made some GREAT catches with the DB all over him. Actually, come to think about it, so did Hixon. I saw a bunch of catches where they were clearly getting interfered with and there was no call… cough cough Eli’s INT pass.

#3 – Prince Amukamura is starting to look like a first round pick. I was not worried when he was looking bad early, I mean, he needs time like everyone else. DB is a tough position to learn. He is starting to look more confident and aggressive out there which is great for us. Prince looks like he will be here for the long term. Stevie Brown, Will Hill and Atrel Rolle also played very well in the secondary.

#4- This is my negative part. The Pass rush. Where is this pass rush? I feel like we are losing our identity on defense. Maybe it’s just cause we are banged up, which I could see, but we need to get pressure on the opposing QB. The times we blitzed it worked. The Brown INT was when the LB rushed in (I think it was Boley) and made Weeden throw when he wasn’t set. Bam INT. The second part I am really worried about is we are not swarming the ball, at all. I saw quite a few plays where Richardson was running the ball and getting tackled by one guy, and others were standing there watching. It was pathetic. I noticed Boley it twice, but I know it was happening all over the place. This needs to change. We need to swarm the ball carrier.

#5- Pittsburg showed us how to end a game down by less than 3 points in FG range vs the Eagles. Steelers got the W. RUN THE BALL! We would be 4-1 right now and sitting pretty. Oh well. Live and learn. Don’t make that mistake again.

Go Giants
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

All-Pro
    I would add:

#6 Offensive line did a great job in both pass and run blocking. They seem to be improving every week. It may just have been the Browns, but 200+ yards rushing is an achievement in the NFL regardless of who your playing. The line deserves some credit for that.

I agree with your assessments, especially the defense. The front 7 seem lethargic out there, not really attacking the ball and certainly not getting into the backfield the way you would expect. I am sure that Part of the problem is injuries, but even with injuries you hope to see more intensity, even if they are making mistakes. I know for many new fans this team identity is about offense, specifically the passing game, and that is fun to watch. But for me it will always be about defense, and it is painful to watch this defense at times.

I like how every part of this team is playing except our defensive line. They almost never get any push up the middle and they seem to never get to the QB. The offense is great and I love watching Eli score points but man, this defense makes me sad. The day the game is on the line and we just have to make a stop, is the day I start worrying.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I like how every part of this team is playing except our defensive line. They almost never get any push up the middle and they seem to never get to the QB. The offense is great and I love watching Eli score points but man, this defense makes me sad. The day the game is on the line and we just have to make a stop, is the day I start worrying.
    Agreed, I know that some of that is the injuries at the DT position, but it is frustrating to see them playing the way they are. With the secondary starting to get healthy, maybe we will see more blitzes from the LB position to help out until the interior of the D-line is more healthy.

I do think that when they Get Rivers, Canty, KP and Rocky back, this defense takes on a completely different identity. But until then I guess we have to hope the offense can keep them in games.

Not to knock the DC, but a bunch of this is how we are playing Fewells scheme. Garbage time we go into a prevent d that prevents absolutely nothing. That TD at the end by the Browns was pathetic. Why cant we just continue to try to stop them? As soon as they got the ball back in that situation, I knew they would score on our D. It was way too easy. That is how the Eagles came back on us in 2010. If the Browns got that onside kick, it would of gotten ugly again. Our guys dont seem motivated throughout the game, especially on D. Fewell needs to do something about that in practice. They arent hungry. The younger guys are, they are all scrapping, but the vets? I dont see it.

Good call on the Oline. It looked great once again yesterday. Bradshaw did a hell of a job after that fumble. Kept his head in the game. Hynoski gets a HUGE shout out as well. Great game by him.

Oh, and why the heck did Andre Brown run that kick out of the endzone? That was dumb.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Agreed, I know that some of that is the injuries at the DT position, but it is frustrating to see them playing the way they are. With the secondary starting to get healthy, maybe we will see more blitzes from the LB position to help out until the interior of the D-line is more healthy.

I do think that when they Get Rivers, Canty, KP and Rocky back, this defense takes on a completely different identity. But until then I guess we have to hope the offense can keep them in games.
    The thing is, is Rivers ever going to be healthy? Is Canty going to come back off the IR after the possibility of having a more in depth surgery? When will Rocky be back?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Not to knock the DC, but a bunch of this is how we are playing Fewells scheme. Garbage time we go into a prevent d that prevents absolutely nothing. That TD at the end by the Browns was pathetic. Why cant we just continue to try to stop them? As soon as they got the ball back in that situation, I knew they would score on our D. It was way too easy. That is how the Eagles came back on us in 2010. If the Browns got that onside kick, it would of gotten ugly again. Our guys dont seem motivated throughout the game, especially on D. Fewell needs to do something about that in practice. They arent hungry. The younger guys are, they are all scrapping, but the vets? I dont see it.

Good call on the Oline. It looked great once again yesterday. Bradshaw did a hell of a job after that fumble. Kept his head in the game. Hynoski gets a HUGE shout out as well. Great game by him.

Oh, and why the heck did Andre Brown run that kick out of the endzone? That was dumb.
    Agreed, PF can get way to conservative at times. IMO, when you have your apponent on the ropes you pin your ears back and finish the game.

The better question is why Brown was even returning kicks. I think Wilson clearly established in the Eagles game that he is the return man for this team. Brown should not be returning kicks... ever!

The thing is, is Rivers ever going to be healthy? Is Canty going to come back off the IR after the possibility of having a more in depth surgery? When will Rocky be back?
    All good questions. I have heard conflicting reports on Canty, and in my view he is one of the more important pieces to that D-line. Rivers was a shot in the dark with relatively little downside if he doesn't work out but a lot of upside if he does. Rocky has been good, but isn't an every down player, but sure would be nice to have him back in the rotation.

But, your point is well taken, they need to make adjustments to use the talent available to them and so far they haven't done a good job of that.

All good questions. I have heard conflicting reports on Canty, and in my view he is one of the more important pieces to that D-line. Rivers was a shot in the dark with relatively little downside if he doesn't work out but a lot of upside if he does. Rocky has been good, but isn't an every down player, but sure would be nice to have him back in the rotation.

But, your point is well taken, they need to make adjustments to use the talent available to them and so far they haven't done a good job of that.
    Canty was great a creating pressure up the middle, if he comes back healthy in the next few weeks we will be good at DT. It just blows my mind that we were blowing up Olines last year with Sacks and this year, notta.

All-Pro
    Canty was great a creating pressure up the middle, if he comes back healthy in the next few weeks we will be good at DT. It just blows my mind that we were blowing up Olines last year with Sacks and this year, notta.
    For every great DE you will find a DT that compliments him. Fix the interior line and you fix many of the problems at the DE position, in my opinion.

For every great DE you will find a DT that compliments him. Fix the interior line and you fix many of the problems at the DE position, in my opinion.
    When Canty and Rocky come back we shall find out! I hope Tuck and Osi arent just playing like bums..