+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

So, who gets the axe for Tyler Sash today? and Chris Canty next week?

Sash has be to activated by 4pm today, so that means someone will be cut to make room if the Giants want to keep him. So who is it gonna be? Stevie Brown? Not likely, he's been playing great. Justin Tryon? I don't think so either since he's either since our other corners are barely getting by health wise.

Then there's Chris Canty that will have to be activated next week for Week 7, IMO I think there's gonna be a cut somewhere that will surprise people, probably on the offensive side since there are so many injuries to the defense. is JJ on the bubble again?

Maybe no one for Sash?
    No one remembers who came in second.

I hope I am very wrong on this, but there is a chance Chris Canty will not be taken off the IR next week. There are rumors that he actually underwent much more invasive surgery than initially reported. According to Garafolo, he evaded answering the question of whether or not he has micro fracture surgery.

If he did, in fact have that surgery. It is VERY unlikely he comes back next week and furthermore, there are going to be questions about his future with the team after this season.

I hope all this is wrong as we sure could use him and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Sash has be to activated by 4pm today, so that means someone will be cut to make room if the Giants want to keep him. So who is it gonna be? Stevie Brown? Not likely, he's been playing great. Justin Tryon? I don't think so either since he's either since our other corners are barely getting by health wise.

Then there's Chris Canty that will have to be activated next week for Week 7, IMO I think there's gonna be a cut somewhere that will surprise people, probably on the offensive side since there are so many injuries to the defense. is JJ on the bubble again?

I would agree with this because we are so healthy at WR
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

I know he's a message board favorite, but I think Ojomo is the most likely to get the axe. As the 5th DE, he's only going to be on the active gameday roster if pressed into duty through injury (like yesterday, where all 7 inactive guys were hurt). There are too many injuries in the secondary, OL, and now even the running game (Brown with his concussion and Bradshaw is always an injury risk) to cut somebody and reduce depth there.

Sash

Those are good questions, the answer may surprise. I believe that there is great potential for Sash to be dropped; Hill and Brown have done well. Of course Tyron could be a casualty. I don't think they cut Jernigan; but it could happen (do we really need 6 Wide Receivers?)

For Canty that one is a little harder. Do they stick with 5 DTs or do they go to their standard 4, not likely. Next week will be a big week for the line with Gore (he gives everyone fits). I think Ojomo is a possibility, sure would like to see what he can do in a game before they send him packing (likely put him on the practice squad, where its 50/50 that he will not get picked up by some other team), but they do have Kiwi that can stick his hand on the ground if they needed an assist.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Maybe no one for Sash?
    That's what I'm thinking
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Maybe no one for Sash?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's what I'm thinking
    Same, I mean we arent getting rid of Will Hill or Stevie Brown..I wouldn't think.

And I really dont know who else you can cut at this point. Keep in mind we still need room for Canty.

Maybe Sash to PS?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Same, I mean we arent getting rid of Will Hill or Stevie Brown..I wouldn't think.

And I really dont know who else you can cut at this point. Keep in mind we still need room for Canty.

Maybe Sash to PS?
    I doubt he is elidgible
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"