+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Breed of Fans Cheering Injuries

New Breed of Fans Cheering Injuries

on their own team !!!!!

we've seen it happen in the virtual sense on our message board with Diehl and Bradshaw

fans actually being estatic when they went down ... more excited than they get when we score a TD

simply b/c they are interested in seeing the next guy?

as if the professional coaching staff can't evaluate which players should get more snaps

IMO, the disturbing scene in KC brought this issue from twitter and the boards to out in the open and i love what the KC tackle said about it ... it is disgusting
    Apologize to Melo 5

To each his/her own. I wouldn't be a fan that cheers for a player to be injured, but I'm also not gonna judge em either.

Yep, I'm not judging them either. It's not classy, but I understand their frustration.

I'm happy to judge them.

If your life is so pathetic and empty such that you cheer another man who gets injured doing his job - regardless of what that job is and how its success or failure makes you feel about wearing your hometown jersey and playing with your football action figures - you are an imbecile and are in dire need of growing up.

Please do not hold a job where you are responsible for the safety of others and for God's sake, please do not have kids. There's already enough morons walking this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I'm happy to judge them.

If your life is so pathetic and empty such that you cheer another man who gets injured doing his job - regardless of what that job is and how its success or failure makes you feel about wearing your hometown jersey and playing with your football action figures - you are an imbecile and are in dire need of growing up.

Please do not hold a job where you are responsible for the safety of others and for God's sake, please do not have kids. There's already enough morons walking this planet.
    Well put!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Bench Player
    It is pathetic if that is what actually happened. When I was watching that game on TV it looked like the crowd was cheering for the first down they just got and it seemed to get much quieter after they found out Cassel was injured. I could be wrong and my perspective is the one the TV gave me so maybe it was more apparent in person.

I think ESPN is running away with this just for a story. I watched some live footage of the incident and it didnt seem like the whole stadium was cheering the injury. There was a big first down play prior to Cassel going down. Some of them were still probably cheering and talking about that. To me, honestly this situation was blown out of proportion. Their could have been a few jerks who were liquored up. but that doesnt condone the outraged rant by their offensive lineman who was imo, way out of line with his trashing of the entire 70,000+ fans.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 10-09-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I think ESPN is running away with this just for a story. I watched some live footage of the incident and it didnt seem like the whole stadium was cheering the injury. There was a big first down play prior to Cassel going down. Some of them were still probably cheering and talking about that. To me, honestly this situation was blown out of proportion. Their could have been a few jerks who were liquored up. but that doesnt condone the outraged rant by their offensive lineman who was imo was way out of line with his trashing of the entire 70,000+ fans.

I agree, their making it seem like all 70,000 were happy to see Cassell go down. When in reality, he was currently driving them for the Go-ahead score

i cheered. LOL JUST KIDDING.....thats pretty effed up, there is only one time i get happy about a player getting injured and thats when VICK gets cracked. I loathe him to the core.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieBlue View Post
    i cheered. LOL JUST KIDDING.....thats pretty effed up, there is only one time i get happy about a player getting injured and thats when VICK gets cracked. I loathe him to the core.
    I wouldn't even cheer if Mike Vick were injured. He paid for his crimes and in the grand scheme of it all, he is not nearly as big a lowlife as Dave Megget or Mark Ingrham.

+ Reply to Thread