+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    You can have those stats and the qb. We're happy with Eli
    Well of course. He's a two time SB champ. I am just pointing out this Alex Smith is not the same QB who is known for being a failure. Harbaugh has really made this kid into a solid QB who makes smart decisions.

Vernon Davis worries me. And Alex Smith's running worries me. 49ers d is nasty. It is a very tough test for the Giants especially with how injured they are.

Nice writeup OP. I want your thoughts on this possible scenario: The 49ers are down by two possessions to the Giants (Any moment in the game will suffice) due to an unexpected surge by the Giants offense. Do the 49ers make any changes to their offensive gameplan and if they go to the pass more, is there confidence in any of their receiving options sans Vernon Davis?

I respect what the 49ers bring out on the field but I do want to see them win a come from behind game this year to solidify their mental toughness in such a situation. The Falcons did that against the Panthers and that's why I have them ranked as the best team in the NFL as of this moment.

The G-Men are resilient, I'm as nervous as anyone. But with Eli manning our ship I'm confident going to battle against anyone.

A classy post...see you Sunday.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

you can go gloat about your team on your own MB. nobody here cares.

btw, what happened to A.smith against the gmen in the playoffs last year? Oh yea..now i remember....what was it, 2 completions to WR's?

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    Well of course. He's a two time SB champ. I am just pointing out this Alex Smith is not the same QB who is known for being a failure. Harbaugh has really made this kid into a solid QB who makes smart decisions.
    what happens when alex smith falls behind? the Vikings game comes to mind. the REAL alex smith shows up. nothing more than a game manager..

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    I like Alex Smith

I always felt like he just needed the right coach

and the 49er defense scares the hell out of me

we also have no answer for Vernon Davis

if the Giants pass rush cannot get to Smith it will be a long day

I can see lots of over pursuit resulting in getting slashed by the screen pass

still predict a Giant victory 37 - 34 on a late FG

should be a fun watch

can't wait
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 10-08-2012 at 03:43 PM.

I expect to see Eli drop back ALOT this game and I bet Gilbride will be focusing on a more west coast style of offense with quick slants and back shoulder throws.

Counter SF's run game with
    -efficiency on offense
    -avoid drive stalling plays and penalties
    -no turnovers
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Nice writeup OP. I want your thoughts on this possible scenario: The 49ers are down by two possessions to the Giants (Any moment in the game will suffice) due to an unexpected surge by the Giants offense. Do the 49ers make any changes to their offensive gameplan and if they go to the pass more, is there confidence in any of their receiving options sans Vernon Davis?

I respect what the 49ers bring out on the field but I do want to see them win a come from behind game this year to solidify their mental toughness in such a situation. The Falcons did that against the Panthers and that's why I have them ranked as the best team in the NFL as of this moment.
    I think that if that happens, Giants fans will be surprised with our passing game. Crabtree has really stepped up this year, Moss is dependable and I have been really happy with Manningham.

+ Reply to Thread