+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Vikings seem legit this year. They could be another Cardinals case (C'mon, are people really expecting Kolb and that Oline to go far into the season?) but I really like what they are doing on D and the improvements Ponder has made since I was one of his biggest critics drafting him so high.
    Yeah, they might be. It's too early to tell and anointing them "clearly good" simply because they beat your home team (not literally yours, mind you) is either ludicrous, arrogant or both.

arguments aside...the Vikings are playing very good football.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?
    No. They are meaningless mathematical ratios created similarly to how one uses a lamp post.

Most folks use it for illumination, drunks use it for support.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    right. the best qb in the nfl. how delusional are you guys? this is comedy.
    I don't think he's the best QB in the league (even though he is rated that now) but he certainly isn't Trent Dilfer as the other poster was eluding to. If you're team thinks they will be playing Trent Dilfer on Sunday then that stupidity alone deserves the whoopin they're gonna get. Hope those who think we're not as good as advertised don't cry to much on Sunday, I know I'll be having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
    Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!
    Stop using stats and data! You're just bragging.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Fair points. I too think Bennett is over rated as a receiver. He's a phenomenal run blocker though. And Barden, Randle et al...are decent receivers. I'd put them in the Manningham class, no higher.
    Disagree on Bennett. Can the guy work himself into the scheme a bit more before we call him an overrated receiver? Name me one TE that has taken on the load from a blocking aspect that Bennett has until now that still tears it up receiving all while learning a new complex offensive scheme.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-08-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

My God is this how it's going to be all week... 49ers fans giving us props then gloating about their team. It is starting to get real sickening. I'm sorry if you Crabtree is improving and he is your best receiver, then I just feel bad for you. I heard someone say besides Nicks and Cruz that our wr's are not all what we think they are. Well that might be true but Nicks and Cruz are way better then a washed up Randy Moss and an Improving Crabtree. Cruz and Nick are top 5 talent can't say the same for any of your wr's. While those other wr you think suck...well I have to say to that who do you have as you 3,4,5 wrs???? Also who is throwing these guys the ball??? Eli makes those guys top talents, while Alex Smith manages them.

Veteran
    I don't think he's the best QB in the league (even though he is rated that now) but he certainly isn't Trent Dilfer as the other poster was eluding to. If you're team thinks they will be playing Trent Dilfer on Sunday then that stupidity alone deserves the whoopin they're gonna get. Hope those who think we're not as good as advertised don't cry to much on Sunday, I know I'll be having a good time.
    His ranking is ranked this high based on his one INT. The rating puts too much weight on INT's. Eli has 5 Int's but has more TD's, passing yards and has helped his team put up more points than Alex Smith has all while having a spotty, inexperienced at times rushing attack.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-08-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Can we all agree the 49ers vs Giants will likely turn out to be a very good rivalry renewed?

Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
    Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!

Wow, are you serious? You are actually going to extrapolate judgment on the entire season based on 5 games? No wonder you are still so pissed about last year's loss...I guess it was all supposed to just drop into script according to your stats and fantasies, huh?

Until Smith does something of note in his career - and no, I will not be choosing to toss out 7 YEARS worth of playing in favor of the last 5 games - he will remain what he is.

No one outside of the bay area worries about Alex Smith just like no one outside the bay area believes that a washed up first round bust turned special teams player somehow was the difference between a SB berth and disappointment for the niners last year.

Nice try though.