+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Talking 49er fan here

First I wanna say congrats on beating us last season in the NFCCG. It was such a heart breaking loss and to be honest it has fueled some pretty hostile emotions towards your team, but nonetheless, I respect what you guys accomplished last season.I had this game circled the day the schedule came out and i'm pretty sure everyone within the 49ers organization did as well. With that said, let's talk about this weekends match-up!

The 49ers did something this weekend to the Buffalo Bills that no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Our passing attack and running attack was the epitome of balanced. We rushed AND passed for over 300 yards in a game which like I mentioned above has never been done. Alex Smith has come such a LONG way under coach of the year Jim Harbaugh. It's actually remarkable to see as a 49er fan just how far he's come. For those who know and understand the Alex Smith story it's hard not to root for a guy like him. I use to think Smith was nothing more than a game manager but so far this season he has changed my perception of himself. his accuracy has been amazing and his ability to NOT turn the ball over is something we just arent use to seeing from him. Smith is no longer the weak spot on our offense and to be honest we don't have many weak spots on our team at all. We have so much depth on both offense and defense in 2012. Lets look at some numbers.

The 49ers lead the league in rushing averaging nearly 200 yards a game (195.8). We are not a one trick pony with Frank Gore either. We have several guys who can run the rock. Gore of course is our main rusher but not many people know about Kendal Hunter. This kid is gonna be special when he gets his chance to be a starter. With a rushing attack like ours and a great defense it's hard for opposing teams to get any kind of rhythm going. As a unit on offense we are ranked 6th in total offense while averaging 29.8 points per contest. Of course the best thing about the 49ers is their relentless defense which ranks 2nd in the NFL behind only the Seattle Seahags. Nobody can run the ball on us (Vikings had some success against us which is very rare) but other than them over the last season and a half it's not easy gaining yards on the ground against the best front 7 in the NFL. The difference from last years defense to this years defense is our secondary. We are also 2nd in the NFL with passing yards allowed averaging ONLY 181 yards per contest. That is impressive considering we have played some pretty good QB's in A.Rodgers and M.Stafford.

All stats aside I am expecting this game to be a hard fought game that will come down to the wire! May the best team win and hopefully it's an injury free Sunday! Good luck guys.

9ers win 31-24
    Last edited by 9ernation94; 10-08-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Alex Smith.

I think it may be a good game if the Giants can get healthier this week. They are missing a handful of key guys. The can miss those guys and beat less than good teams...but I don't think they have a shot at the 9ers unless they can get these guys back. Hopefully Nicks will come back this week, but we will see. Good luck regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Alex Smith.
    Alex Smith's #'s this season while having the best rushing attack in the league...
    TDS

INT

YDS

RTG

Vs Eli Manning.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I thought we were talking about "This week's match-up"? Not the 49er's stat's.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    Alex Smith's #'s this season while having the best rushing attack in the league...
    TDS

INT

YDS

RTG
    You can have those stats and the qb. We're happy with Eli

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    I think it may be a good game if the Giants can get healthier this week. They are missing a handful of key guys. The can miss those guys and beat less than good teams...but I don't think they have a shot at the 9ers unless they can get these guys back. Hopefully Nicks will come back this week, but we will see. Good luck regardless.
    We have been lucky so far this season. We have avoided any major injuries. We are expecting Brandon Jacobs to make his debut with the 9ers this week which should be fun to watch.

All-Pro
    The 49ers OL worries the most. They are big and physical and the Giants DL is getting pushed around by everyone. All they have are excuses as to why this is happening. I hope they figure it out by Sunday or hey will get pushed back all day long.

Banned
    49rs are a very good team.
    Cant see anybody dispute that.
    Giants normally step up these big games (outside our division).
    That said...your team may very well beat us...frankly i wouldnt be surprised.
    But if history is of any bearing ...you just better hope this is the only time you face us this year.

+ Reply to Thread