+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    First I wanna say congrats on beating us last season in the NFCCG. It was such a heart breaking loss and to be honest it has fueled some pretty hostile emotions towards your team, but nonetheless, I respect what you guys accomplished last season.I had this game circled the day the schedule came out and i'm pretty sure everyone within the 49ers organization did as well. With that said, let's talk about this weekends match-up!

The 49ers did something this weekend to the Buffalo Bills that no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Our passing attack and running attack was the epitome of balanced. We rushed AND passed for over 300 yards in a game which like I mentioned above has never been done. Alex Smith has come such a LONG way under coach of the year Jim Harbaugh. It's actually remarkable to see as a 49er fan just how far he's come. For those who know and understand the Alex Smith story it's hard not to root for a guy like him. I use to think Smith was nothing more than a game manager but so far this season he has changed my perception of himself. his accuracy has been amazing and his ability to NOT turn the ball over is something we just arent use to seeing from him. Smith is no longer the weak spot on our offense and to be honest we don't have many weak spots on our team at all. We have so much depth on both offense and defense in 2012. Lets look at some numbers.

The 49ers lead the league in rushing averaging nearly 200 yards a game (195.8). We are not a one trick pony with Frank Gore either. We have several guys who can run the rock. Gore of course is our main rusher but not many people know about Kendal Hunter. This kid is gonna be special when he gets his chance to be a starter. With a rushing attack like ours and a great defense it's hard for opposing teams to get any kind of rhythm going. As a unit on offense we are ranked 6th in total offense while averaging 29.8 points per contest. Of course the best thing about the 49ers is their relentless defense which ranks 2nd in the NFL behind only the Seattle Seahags. Nobody can run the ball on us (Vikings had some success against us which is very rare) but other than them over the last season and a half it's not easy gaining yards on the ground against the best front 7 in the NFL. The difference from last years defense to this years defense is our secondary. We are also 2nd in the NFL with passing yards allowed averaging ONLY 181 yards per contest. That is impressive considering we have played some pretty good QB's in A.Rodgers and M.Stafford.

All stats aside I am expecting this game to be a hard fought game that will come down to the wire! May the best team win and hopefully it's an injury free Sunday! Good luck guys.

9ers win 31-24
    Please forgive us if we are not ready to award you the Lombardi Trophy this weekend......you guys are new to the scene but have quite a Rep.

What happened when you played Minny........it looks like they handled you pretty good. Its very hard to beat the Giants by more than a score.
    We do not have all your gaudy stats.....just a very determined and talented team who has not yet clicked on all cylinders.......woe onto you if that happens this weekend

I doubt the Giants are taking you guys lightly. Probably have been saving a lot of plays until thids game.....good luck Sunday
    Last edited by BParcells777; 10-08-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Veteran
    The 49ers put 600 yards on the Bills and suddenly think they're 2007 Patriots lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    what happens when alex smith falls behind? the Vikings game comes to mind. the REAL alex smith shows up. nothing more than a game manager..
    The Vikings game was an odd one. We never really had a shot in that one. Our defense couldn't get off the field on third downs and our offense never had a chance to get in rhythm. We only had three possessions in the first half. Obviously if the Giants can control the ball and the clock like that it's going to be a long day for the Niners.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpd813 View Post
    I think that if that happens, Giants fans will be surprised with our passing game. Crabtree has really stepped up this year, Moss is dependable and I have been really happy with Manningham.
    Anything is possible. Don't underestimate Prince Amukamara (who is quietly playing a very good season) and if our rookie CB Hosley plays this game, he's an excellent slot corner. Webster is always due for a great game as well.

All-Pro
    Lol. The 49ers are a very good team and will be very tough to beat. Last year is in the past. This year they look extremely good while the Giants have some major issues. Hope the Giants win but I don't like how they match up against the 49ers especially with all the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    The 49ers put 600 yards on the Bills and suddenly think they're 2007 Patriots lol
    And what happened to them?!

Come on guys, the OP wasn't THAT bad. Of course he is excited that his team just made an NFL record yesterday. You dang right know we would be boasting about it too if we put up 300 yards of passing and rushing on the Browns. I'd say he was pretty classy and respectful with his introduction.

OP makes some great points.

I think if the Giants win, they will need not only a very strong game from Manning, but a resurgence from the defensive line.

A week ago I thought Bradshaw was washed up...and I was wrong.

Alot of fans are nervous about Tuck, Osi, and JPP, and the defense in general.....I'm hopeful that next week, they prove alot of people wrong.

Bottom line......the 49ers are looking very solid.

But, if the Minnesota Vikings can take them down, they can be beat.

And the Giants are the World Champs until further notice......for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Please forgive us if we are not ready to award you the Lombardi Trophy this weekend......you guy are new to the scene but have quite a Rep.

What happened when you played Minny........it looks like they handled you pretty good. Its very hard to beat the Giants by more than a score.
    We do not have all your gaudy stats.....just a very determined and talented team who has not yet clicked on all cylinders.......woe onto you if that happens this weekend

I doubt the Giants are taking you guys lightly. Probably have been saving a lot of plays until thids game.....good luck Sunday
    You're missing one massive thing the Giants have the no other teams does... Eli Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Come on guys, the OP wasn't THAT bad. Of course he is excited that his team just made an NFL record yesterday. You dang right know we would be boasting about it too if we put up 300 yards of passing and rushing on the Browns. I'd say he was pretty classy and respectful with his introduction.
    We almost did.. we were pretty damn close to doing the same yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread