+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Come on guys, the OP wasn't THAT bad. Of course he is excited that his team just made an NFL record yesterday. You dang right know we would be boasting about it too if we put up 300 yards of passing and rushing on the Browns. I'd say he was pretty classy and respectful with his introduction.
    I agree....the OP made some valid points. He had an opinion, and backed it up with some stats and explanations.

Frankly, the 49ers are looking like a very solid team....and it's pretty clear that by going after Jacobs and Manningham, they look at the NY Giants as the team to beat. Which they should.....because the Giants are the Champs right now.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    what happens when alex smith falls behind? the Vikings game comes to mind. the REAL alex smith shows up. nothing more than a game manager..
    He has not led a comeback this season because the only game we've trailed in is the vikings game. However, don't you remember the Saints playoff game last year. He also led us back from a 21 poiont decifit against the eagles last season so its not like he has never comeback. Also, the Vikings ran the ball and completely controlled the tempo of the game. Last I check running the ball is not the Giants strength and we currently are one of the best D's against the pass. Good luck but logic and matchups point for disappoint for you.

49ers fans popping up everywhere right now.

Anything is possible. Don't underestimate Prince Amukamara (who is quietly playing a very good season) and if our rookie CB Hosley plays this game, he's an excellent slot corner. Webster is always due for a great game as well.
    Hosley, Will Hill, and Stevie Brown have really impressed me. I feel much better about the secondary. My concern is matching up someone with Vernon Davis.

Manningham was a good pick up, we will see how he does against us. Jacobs also was a good pickup but he has to make it onto the field and actually made some good running plays. We will see if he hurts below is pads or up high still..

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Hosley, Will Hill, and Stevie Brown have really impressed me. I feel much better about the secondary. My concern is matching up someone with Vernon Davis.
    Fingers crossed Rivers is healthy. Him and J Williams have some serious speed at the LB position. I'm thinking the match up with him with one of those 2 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    He has not led a comeback this season because the only game we've trailed in is the vikings game. However, don't you remember the Saints playoff game last year. He also led us back from a 21 poiont decifit against the eagles last season so its not like he has never comeback. Also, the Vikings ran the ball and completely controlled the tempo of the game. Last I check running the ball is not the Giants strength and we currently are one of the best D's against the pass. Good luck but logic and matchups point for disappoint for you.
    You must have missed yesterday's curb-stomping of the Browns.

Seriously, you've got a good team. But, right now, the Giants are in your head, baby.

The Giants are ranked 12th overall for running the ball. Granted, that stat is a bit inflated from the Panthers and Browns games but so are your stats taking advantage of a Bills defense that even the Jets owned.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Logic and matchups went out the window in the Vikings game. And since you know NOTHING about the Giants. They play there best ball on the road and when the odds are against them.

Giants fan since the early 80s

The Giants are ranked 12th overall for running the ball. Granted, that stat is a bit inflated from the Panthers and Browns games but so are your stats taking advantage of a Bills defense that even the Jets owned.
    True....the Bills couldn't beat Alabama.

+ Reply to Thread