+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Nice writeup OP. I want your thoughts on this possible scenario: The 49ers are down by two possessions to the Giants (Any moment in the game will suffice) due to an unexpected surge by the Giants offense. Do the 49ers make any changes to their offensive gameplan and if they go to the pass more, is there confidence in any of their receiving options sans Vernon Davis?

I respect what the 49ers bring out on the field but I do want to see them win a come from behind game this year to solidify their mental toughness in such a situation. The Falcons did that against the Panthers and that's why I have them ranked as the best team in the NFL as of this moment.
    It depends on when it is in the game. I think if its 1st half or early in the 3rd quarter we do not abandon our gameplan. We still tout one of the best D's in the league so we would trust them to keep you guys from scoring and we try to chop down the lead. Now if we're talking late 3rd quarter or 4th then of course we start to throw more. We do have experience coming back by multiple scores (eagles game last season) and multiple times in the 4th quarter (saints playoff game last season). I hope it doesn't come down to this.

Now ask yourself that question. What if you guys get down by 2 scores against the 2nd best pass D in the league, what will you do then?

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    He has not led a comeback this season because the only game we've trailed in is the vikings game. However, don't you remember the Saints playoff game last year. He also led us back from a 21 poiont decifit against the eagles last season so its not like he has never comeback. Also, the Vikings ran the ball and completely controlled the tempo of the game. Last I check running the ball is not the Giants strength and we currently are one of the best D's against the pass. Good luck but logic and matchups point for disappoint for you.
    "matchups" didnt bode well for your team against the vikings. "matchups" didnt bode well for your team in the playoffs either. I watched the vikings game and saw alex smith, the same alex smith i have been seeing for the past 8 years...an average quarterback. I just find it hard to believe he'd be this same QB if he was asked to do more..or played for a team that actually had some flaws and needed the QB to take the team to the next level. He's a good fit for your team...a game manager. nothing wrong with that...

Now ask yourself that question. What if you guys get down by 2 scores against the 2nd best pass D in the league, what will you do then?
    Abuse Carlos Rogers? Tarell Brown isn't too shabby but not unbeatable either. We face better defensive backs in our own division against the Cowboys and Eagles so we're used to secondaries that are good. Depending on the amount of time left on the clock, I'm not too worried about your pass coverage unless you switch to multiple nickel and dime packages.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Logic and matchups went out the window in the Vikings game. And since you know NOTHING about the Giants. They play there best ball on the road and when the odds are against them.
    First of all the Vikings are 4-1 and clearly a good team so they just beat us. Second, you guys are a passing team and right now we have the 2nd best pass D in the league and that is after playing the Pack and the Lions. A wish to play well because you feel you are the underdogs is nice and all but is a bit of a stretch to in any way validate that we should expect a loss.

Veteran
    It depends on when it is in the game. I think if its 1st half or early in the 3rd quarter we do not abandon our gameplan. We still tout one of the best D's in the league so we would trust them to keep you guys from scoring and we try to chop down the lead. Now if we're talking late 3rd quarter or 4th then of course we start to throw more. We do have experience coming back by multiple scores (eagles game last season) and multiple times in the 4th quarter (saints playoff game last season). I hope it doesn't come down to this.

Let Eli Manning draw from his NFL record breaking experience in the realm of come back football and do it once again. A 2 score lead at any point in the game (other than when 0:00 is on the clock in the 4th) won't be enough not even for a top calibur defense like the 49ers. You better hope the 49ers get up 21+ points or they'll be taking a big risk in allowing the Giants to hang around by being up anything less than that.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

What we do to everyone else, put the ball in Eli Manning's hands, sit back, and enjoy the show!

keep throwing, we have arguably the best QB in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    What we do to everyone else, put the ball in Eli Manning's hands, sit back, and enjoy the show!
    its what he does best.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Abuse Carlos Rogers? Tarell Brown isn't too shabby but not unbeatable either. We face better defensive backs in our own division against the Cowboys and Eagles so we're used to secondaries that are good. Depending on the amount of time left on the clock, I'm not too worried about your pass coverage unless you switch to multiple nickel and dime packages.
    Now you're talking about big name acquistions not how these players are actually playing. Look, I thought the eagles and cowboys secondaries were gonna be studs also but that is hype not how they are actually performing. I don't blame you for thinking your team can win, I'm stating the reasons why I think they won't. It's all in good fun, looking forward to a great game.

First of all the Vikings are 4-1 and clearly a good team so they just beat us. Second, you guys are a passing team and right now we have the 2nd best pass D in the league and that is after playing the Pack and the Lions. A wish to play well because you feel you are the underdogs is nice and all but is a bit of a stretch to in any way validate that we should expect a loss.
    I can rattle off alot of 4-1 teams over the years that haven't amounted to a hill of beans.

Frankly, I'm not sure if the 49ers are even going to win the NFC West.

I'm not guaranteeing a win......it's going to be a tough game. However, I feel good about the Giant's chances because:

1) The Giants are the Super Bowls Champs
    2) Our QB is a 2 time SB MVP.
    3) Giants beat 49ers in the NFCCG

Since the last time these teams met, teh 49ers have retooled a bit....but so have the Giants. It should be a fun game.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-08-2012 at 04:07 PM.