+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 205

Thread: 49er fan here

  1. #61
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    this overconfident, ****y arrogance from niners nation is all too familiar. I remember the same "we are way better than you on paper" talk last year before we came into your house and beat you.
    What is arrogant about pointing out how much the Eagles have underachieved since last season and the Cowboys well the Cowboys always underachieve because they are overhyped every year. I didn't say anything bad about the Giants, I think you guys have been the best team in the NFC East for the past 3-4 seasons. I'm just pointing out that big names don't mean squat, what they do on the field is what they should be judged by. The Eagles have shown resiliency this year but I still don't see them as great, IMO Vick is above average at best and their secondary has severely underachieved since trading for Rodgers-Cromartie and signing Asomogua. I do think Demeco Ryans was a great pickup and unlike the others he has performed.

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,463
    Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    Now you're talking about big name acquistions not how these players are actually playing. Look, I thought the eagles and cowboys secondaries were gonna be studs also but that is hype not how they are actually performing. I don't blame you for thinking your team can win, I'm stating the reasons why I think they won't. It's all in good fun, looking forward to a great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Other than Detroit who only have Calvin Johnson and no run game and GB whose o-line can't block a pee-wee Defensive front and has no run game period, what threatening passing games have the 49ers faced? The #2 ranking is inflated. You are about to take on arguably the #1 passing attack in the NFL. The Giants have 5 WR's that could start for many teams and finally a true weapon at TE. Your team are also going up against one of the top pass blocking O-lines in the NFL (4 sacks allowed and barely any knock-downs of Eli that weren't late hits that were penalized). And don't come at me and say look what the 49ers did to Eli in the playoffs because this O-line has new/different additions to it that are better at pass protection by miles over last year's squad. I think you are a tad bit over-confident in your comments regarding your team's pass defense.
    Bump
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  3. #63
    Thanks for patting yourselves on the back LOL
    May the better team win
    Lets see .........one team has a future Hall of Fame QB, and the other has a Journeyman QB
    which one is which? Hey I have a good idea.....Run Brandon Jacobs at us all day

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    First I wanna say congrats on beating us last season in the NFCCG. It was such a heart breaking loss and to be honest it has fueled some pretty hostile emotions towards your team, but nonetheless, I respect what you guys accomplished last season.I had this game circled the day the schedule came out and i'm pretty sure everyone within the 49ers organization did as well. With that said, let's talk about this weekends match-up!
    You don't need to give the full analysis on your team - we know you're plenty good, and will be very tough to beat given the circumstances, however I'm more concerned with the Giants beating Wash & Dallas in the 2 consec weeks following the game against you guys than beating you on Sunday...You guys winning, whether it's by 1 pt or 50 pts would be a very small consolation for the playoff loss last year & other than playoff tie-breaking implications down the road for the Giants - just doesn't mean a whole lot in week 6.

  5. #65
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    "matchups" didnt bode well for your team against the vikings. "matchups" didnt bode well for your team in the playoffs either. I watched the vikings game and saw alex smith, the same alex smith i have been seeing for the past 8 years...an average quarterback. I just find it hard to believe he'd be this same QB if he was asked to do more..or played for a team that actually had some flaws and needed the QB to take the team to the next level. He's a good fit for your team...a game manager. nothing wrong with that...
    There is nothing wrong with having a good game manager, particularly when you are building the Ravens of the west. Extremely strong stout defense, very good running game. You don't need a great QB.

    Both teams got to the SB with that formula in 2000. Then one team's game manager realized he'd been playing over his head all year and the other guy just kept right on managing his team to a victory.
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 10-08-2012 at 04:30 PM.

  6. #66
    Currently 1st in NFL in Net Points (81)
    Currently T-1st in NFC in TDs (17) and T-2nd in NFL in TDs (Behind Patriots)
    Currently 1st in NFC in Points Allowed (68) and 2nd in NFL behind the Houston Texans who are to play tonight and have (56)
    Currently 4th in the NFL for points scored (149)

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    First of all the Vikings are 4-1 and clearly a good team so they just beat us. Second, you guys are a passing team and right now we have the 2nd best pass D in the league and that is after playing the Pack and the Lions. A wish to play well because you feel you are the underdogs is nice and all but is a bit of a stretch to in any way validate that we should expect a loss.
    Don't expect a loss.......its more fun that way

    Can't wait to see Harbaugh's face as the Qtrs, minutes, seconds drip away, and reality sets in

    and PS- you are not getting near Eli.......nobody is sacking Eli this year.....its the year of the totally white uniform

  8. #68
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Other than Detroit who only have Calvin Johnson and no run game and GB whose o-line can't block a pee-wee Defensive front and has no run game period, what threatening passing games have the 49ers faced? The #2 ranking is inflated. You are about to take on arguably the #1 passing attack in the NFL. The Giants have 5 WR's that could start for many teams and finally a true weapon at TE. Your team are also going up against one of the top pass blocking O-lines in the NFL (4 sacks allowed and barely any knock-downs of Eli that weren't late hits that were penalized). And don't come at me and say look what the 49ers did to Eli in the playoffs because this O-line has new/different additions to it that are better at pass protection by miles over last year's squad. I think you are a tad bit over-confident in your comments regarding your team's pass defense.
    Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

    Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

    And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.

  9. #69
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    First of all the Vikings are 4-1 and clearly a good team so they just beat us. Second, you guys are a passing team and right now we have the 2nd best pass D in the league and that is after playing the Pack and the Lions. A wish to play well because you feel you are the underdogs is nice and all but is a bit of a stretch to in any way validate that we should expect a loss.
    Let's not get crazy. Just because the Vikings beat the niners doesn't make them clearly a good team. How arrogant.

    They beat 3 crap teams, 1 good team and lost to a mediocre team. They are the definition of average at this point.

  10. #70
    All-Pro Eli TO Shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    Currently 1st in NFL in Net Points (81)
    Currently T-1st in NFC in TDs (17) and T-2nd in NFL in TDs (Behind Patriots)
    Currently 1st in NFC in Points Allowed (68) and 2nd in NFL behind the Houston Texans who are to play tonight and have (56)
    Currently 4th in the NFL for points scored (149)
    lmao. and your not gloating? just simply stating facts? good one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts