+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    Currently 1st in NFL in Net Points (81)
    Currently T-1st in NFC in TDs (17) and T-2nd in NFL in TDs (Behind Patriots)
    Currently 1st in NFC in Points Allowed (68) and 2nd in NFL behind the Houston Texans who are to play tonight and have (56)
    Currently 4th in the NFL for points scored (149)
    How cute he brought stats to the conversation.
    Stats are meaningless, it's who executes and makes the least amount of mistakes who wins.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.
    had we lost that game in the playoffs last year, i'd be bitter too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Let's not get crazy. Just because the Vikings beat the niners doesn't make them clearly a good team. How arrogant.

They beat 3 crap teams, 1 good team and lost to a mediocre team. They are the definition of average at this point.
    Vikings seem legit this year. They could be another Cardinals case (C'mon, are people really expecting Kolb and that Oline to go far into the season?) but I really like what they are doing on D and the improvements Ponder has made since I was one of his biggest critics drafting him so high.

Thank you. I wasn't trying to come across as arrogant at all.
    That's what's so obnoxious about it.

Get out your Crying Towels 49r fans

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    lmao. and your not gloating? just simply stating facts? good one.
    I'm sorry if the numbers are offensive to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    How cute he brought stats to the conversation.
    Stats are meaningless, it's who executes and makes the least amount of mistakes who wins.
    I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?

Veteran
    Currently T-1st in NFC in TDs (17) and T-2nd in NFL in TDs (Behind Patriots)
    Currently 4th in the NFL for points scored (149)
    Lol, the Giants outrank the 49ers in every major offensive category except rushing (but still the Giants average 120/game & 4.8 per carry with Bradshaw-who missed one game-and 3 guys behind him who are pretty much rookies, not bad). They have one TD more than the Giants but the Giants have way more FG's than the 49ers which puts the Giants ahead of SF in Points per game scored.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by GiantGremlin View Post
    You don't need to give the full analysis on your team - we know you're plenty good, and will be very tough to beat given the circumstances, however I'm more concerned with the Giants beating Wash & Dallas in the 2 consec weeks following the game against you guys than beating you on Sunday...You guys winning, whether it's by 1 pt or 50 pts would be a very small consolation for the playoff loss last year & other than playoff tie-breaking implications down the road for the Giants - just doesn't mean a whole lot in week 6.
    I agree. I would trade a loss to the niners for DAL and WAS wins any day.

Somehow I don;t think niners fans feel the same way about this game....

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having a good game manager, particularly when you are building the Ravens of the west. Extremely strong stout defense, very good running game. You don't need a great QB.

Both teams got to the SB with that formula in 2000. Then one team's game manager realized he'd been playing over his head all year and the other guy just ket right on managing his team to a victory.
    Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
    Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!

+ Reply to Thread