+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 49er fan here

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?
    We dont do stat battles.........we win Super Bowls and have appeared in more of them in the last 25 years than anyone else
    winning at an .800 clip.......choke on that Stat

Your like the new kid son the block trying to make an impression.........how long has it been since you won a Super Bowl BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?
    your 13-3 record and amazing defense didnt mean much... especially when you turned your tv on superbowl sunday and watched the giants beat "the best offense". stats are great for fantasy football. didnt do much for your team when it mattered most.

Stats are useful to a degree but you should always be prepared for them to be countered with a possibly superior line of logic backed up with even more thorough statistics. I don't mind opposing fans using them since us Giants fans love to throw Eli's accolades in others' faces.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.
    Fair points. I too think Bennett is over rated as a receiver. He's a phenomenal run blocker though. And Barden, Randle et al...are decent receivers. I'd put them in the Manningham class, no higher.

Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
    Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!
    right. the best qb in the nfl. how delusional are you guys? this is comedy.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I agree. I would trade a loss to the niners for DAL and WAS wins any day.

Somehow I don;t think niners fans feel the same way about this game....
    Trust me, I know division games are most important but because of the success our division is having this season we need all the wins we can get. Anyway we'll get all these questions answered this weekend. Good luck to your team, hope they play their best so they aren't any excuses and hope for no injuries.

Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
    Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!
    with a thoudand YDs passing?????????? Eli does 500 in a single game LOL

Hold on to those KO's LOL

Veteran
    Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.
    Hixon, Randle or Barden have the tools to start on several teams in this league. I never said probowlers but capable starters that can do the job especially with a QB like Manning. Bennett is not Gonzalez, Gates or Gronk or the dude in New Orleans and perhaps Davis is a better receiver but Bennett is by far one of the best blockers at TE in the NFL. Top 3. As he continues to learn the offense he will do some severe damage in the passing game too. He has 3 TD's in 5 games not bad for a TE who focuses on blocking more than most TE's and is learning a new scheme. You also did not address the Giants pass blocking conveniently. You keep blabbing about GB being all that, but their O-line can't block a pee-wee squad rendering Rodgers and all his weapons useless.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Alex Smith beat up on the Lions (Bottom 5 secondary), Packers (They're being exposed this year overall), Jets (Without Revis which you know was huge), Bills (LOL that is all), and Vikings (They're secondary is underrated but nothing to be scared of). Not exactly teams I'd boost about picking on. He's playing good football this year but you do have to take into account of the lack of talent he has faced at CB.