+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did the Giants not put enough stock into the DT position?

I'm not trying to make excuses for our defensive line but do you think the coaches maybe didn't put enough stock into our depth at the DT position?

Kuhn is a rookie and really hasn't done to much while he's in there, maybe a play here and there.

Austin is pretty much a rookie himself since he hasn't played in 2 seasons. He's pretty much been a non factor.

All-Pro
    Had things gone right they would have had Canty playing right now. They tried to add some beef with Rogers and then he had issues. Bernard now has an issue with his quad. That's why they are in this position. I think they where actually doing a nice job at that position. Just freak injuries ruined it for them.

Veteran
    Going into training camp, DT was as big of a strength as DE..

Then we lost Shaun Rogers, Chris Canty didn't heal as fast as we would hope and even Marvin Austin had to miss time because of back issues. It will get better, we get back Canty in a week and although Marvin Austin is off to slow start, I think he'll get better as the season goes on.

Same thoughts here, they have 4 guys at DT for the season, two rookie up and coming guys and two veterans. When Canty couldn't go they tried to bring someone in but that was a no go. With Canty back, hopefully we will be solid.

All-Pro
    IF Canty comes back expect some rust. If it took this long for him to heal he may not be right for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    IF Canty comes back expect some rust. If it took this long for him to heal he may not be right for the rest of the season.
    Get a wire brush and scrap that rust off..

Linval Joseph is a beast.

I know the Canty injury killed us and Rogers injury was a fluke I still think they should've went out and signed some kind of vet to back these guys up. Having 2 rooks in there is killing the linebackers when they're not getting any penetration and getting blown off the ball.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Linval Joseph is a beast.
    LJ has been our best defensive lineman no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I'm not trying to make excuses for our defensive line but do you think the coaches maybe didn't put enough stock into our depth at the DT position?

Kuhn is a rookie and really hasn't done to much while he's in there, maybe a play here and there.

Austin is pretty much a rookie himself since he hasn't played in 2 seasons. He's pretty much been a non factor.
    Canty and Bernard are out with injuries
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80