+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tom Coughlin: Defense is a concern

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/8...giants-defense

Excerpt: "
    New York Giants' coach Tom Coughlin admitted Monday that he is concerned about the team's defense. The Giants did not have a sack ofCleveland Browns' quarterback Brandon Weeden Sunday, and after the Browns had scored on their first three possessions the Giants had given up scores on eight straight possessions.

Cleveland running back Trent Richardson had 81 yards on 17 carries one week after LeSean McCoy of the Philadelphia Eagles gashed the Giants for 123 yards rushing.The Giants' vaunted pass rush has generated only eight sacks in five games, 24th in the league.

"Strategy or not it (lack of pass rush) has definitely slowed us down a little bit. We've gotta look hard at how we can get this thing resolved and get some more pressure on the quarterback. We're gonna try to do that," Coughlin said." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Hopefully they can get this sorted out, we need some sort of pressure!

Could this be the week the d-line wakes up? I hope so...

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro
    I am glad to see that they are going to put a bigger focus on that this week. The lack of pass rush was a concern but the missed tackles yesterday was even more disconcerting.

All-Pro
    The 49ers OL might make them look silly unless they get their act together. Or maybe they just don't have what it takes? Is it injuries? Carl Banks said today on the radio it's time to stop making excuses for why there is a lack of a pass rush.

Well, I'm glad he's concerned. So am I. What say we fix it?

Less excuses, more playing! They need to play like they want it or they will eventually be replaced. Osi will be gone after this year and I don't see him getting anywhere near the money he is expecting.. We gave him more this year because he was complaining, then he comes out and plays like trash.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Sign me up
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    BABY YES. YES BABY. me too, I think that the other day was not downstairs but on the other door of the tree.

I don't even care about the sacks, can we please get some tackles in the backfield for some negative yardage on a consistent basis please. Can we please quit putting Osi in on running situations? Hell put Tuck at tackle and move Kiwi to DE. Just don't let Osi play unless it's on obvious passing downs.