+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiki giving great praise to Eli

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Great post, once again. A lot of people didn't see it, for whatever reason, but I do believe that you are 100% correct, and fortunately one of the finest GM's in the business saw it, and realized that they gave up a ton for a franchise QB, but the only way that he would be able to succeed would be if everybody got behind him and supported him. It was easy to see who the primadonnas were, and once the team was rid of a couple of the prime culprits, they started rallying behind their true leaders.
    Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning... luckily for him and all of us it worked out. I personally believe our 2000-2004 roster had what it took to win a championship, they just underachieved because of coachIng. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they drafted Eli because it eventually worked out but I can understand why a lot of our players were ****y and wouldn't buy in. They thought what they had was good enough and wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for Eli to be ready.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 10-09-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning...
    You see...this is where I believe you are absolutely, positively dead wrong. You think that any team is going to mortgage the future on "hear say" or whatever? He was scrutinized completely by all and it was his talent that made him a number one pick...definitely not his name. His name was what some might call "insurance" but it was his ability to make all the throws, perform well under pressure, and lift the game of all around him while he was on the field. It didn't take a pro scout to see that. All you had to know was a little about Ole Miss and their talent when compared to the SEC. National powerhouses like Florida, LSU, Alabama, etc. didn't just bow down when he came onto the field because of his last name. They sincerely tried to win when he played, and the fact that he was able to keep a team like Ole MIss in all of those games, and even win a few of them, was reason enough for them to put the "franchise QB" tag on him.

If you are sitting around with the belief that he was drafted because of his name alone, then you are living in a fantasy world that doesn't allow facts to interfere, IMO.
    Last edited by GCGiant; 10-09-2012 at 07:41 AM.

I think it's just this board. Giants fans that I talk to off this board do not act like a lot of these dudes on here. I think I need to retire from commenting and go back to just reading. Lots of crazies on here with some hilarious political views as well I bet.
    Must be a lot of people on this board going to the games given all the boos Tiki got at the Ring of Honor ceremony...

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    What tiki deosnt get probably is one of the reasons we won is because he retired.
    To his "credit", he has said in the past that Eli probably wouldn't have emerged as a leader the way he did as long as he (Tiki) was on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Tiki could discover the cure for cancer and Giants fans will rip him for not focusing on Alzheimers.
    All Tiki has invented is a cure for being a good teammate

too little, too late Tiki.....

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Tiki talking about the toughest players he ever played with:
    Manning: He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him good, bad or indifferent he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured
    Can't get nothing by Tiki.

Mind like a steel trap.

Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning... luckily for him and all of us it worked out. I personally believe our 2000-2004 roster had what it took to win a championship, they just underachieved because of coachIng. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they drafted Eli because it eventually worked out but I can understand why a lot of our players were ****y and wouldn't buy in. They thought what they had was good enough and wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for Eli to be ready.
    usually alot more thought goes into your posts.

i'm chaulking this one up to pre coffee drowsiness.

accorsi, a GM in the nfl for almost 20 years and the guy who let John Elway go in a trade that haunted him the rest of his career, drafted Eli because of who his daddy was?

Accorsi was RIPPED FOR YEARS for giving away what seemed like way too much in the trade for manning.

truth of the matter is, its clear that Accorsi underpaid for the type of QB Manning has become, and all of the guys that thought he overpaid (including me) are earning our living outside of football for obvious reasons. We don't know 1/100th of what someone like Accorsi does.
    Last edited by CDN_G-FAN; 10-09-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Personally ive buried the hatchet with Tiki.
    He had his opinions and has pretty much admitted they were wrong in regards to Eli.

As for Coughlin... Tiki was totally right about Coughlin ... at the time.
    Strahan even flat out admitted he "HATED" Coughlin the season Tiki retired (NFLN: A Football Life).
    Tiki never met or worked under the Coughlin the Giants have now.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    accorsi, a GM in the nfl for almost 20 years and the guy who let John Elway go in a trade that haunted him the rest of his career, drafted Eli because of who his daddy was?
    Of course not. It's because of who his brother was... ;-)

+ Reply to Thread