+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tiki giving great praise to Eli

Starter
    Tiki...right to his opinion...sure, that's one thing, IT's TOTALLY another to go on National TV & throw your former coach (who straightened his fumbling problem out, by teaching him how to carry the ball correctly) & your up & coming Quarterback under the bus, lambasting BOTH of them FOR PERSONAL GAIN, to further his budding broadcasting career, who soon found out he had NBG, " Nothing But Giants" scoop. It's pretty obvious neither Eli, Coach Coughlin (taking the high road-neither responded to his comments) or the GIANTS need Mr Barber anymore, his opinions, or on the field of play. PERSONA NON GRATA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    Must be a lot of people on this board going to the games given all the boos Tiki got at the Ring of Honor ceremony...
    It started here and like Harooni said, it spreaded to Twitter and facebook. I didn't even know Tiki was a villain until I read the boards. Good thing I got my own mind. Winning 2 Superbowls should be enough punishment for Barber for speaking too soon. I really don't care and I'm personally not wishing misery on the man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    usually alot more thought goes into your posts.

i'm chaulking this one up to pre coffee drowsiness.

accorsi, a GM in the nfl for almost 20 years and the guy who let John Elway go in a trade that haunted him the rest of his career, drafted Eli because of who his daddy was?

Accorsi was RIPPED FOR YEARS for giving away what seemed like way too much in the trade for manning.

truth of the matter is, its clear that Accorsi underpaid for the type of QB Manning has become, and all of the guys that thought he overpaid (including me) are earning our living outside of football for obvious reasons. We don't know 1/100th of what someone like Accorsi does.
    I'm just busting chops trying to get the Eli crazies riled up. I really didn't follow his college career though.

Tiki is a pretty crappy human being off the field but I try my best to not factor that into his opinions about football. It's hard for me to throw the man under the bus when he was our offense for so long and that he will be known for being one of the best offensive players this team has ever seen. I just hope I never see the day where Eli is retired for several years and the media asks him a question on which current NFCE QB is the best and heavens forbid he says it's the Redskins or Eagles QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    It started here and like Harooni said, it spreaded to Twitter and facebook. I didn't even know Tiki was a villain until I read the boards. Good thing I got my own mind. Winning 2 Superbowls should be enough punishment for Barber for speaking too soon. I really don't care and I'm personally not wishing misery on the man.
    I don't wish misery on him...but admittedly I do find it humorous/comical how much of all this he brought on himself...

I'm just busting chops trying to get the Eli crazies riled up. I really didn't follow his college career though.
    LOL.

see? now its funny!!!!!

Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning... luckily for him and all of us it worked out. I personally believe our 2000-2004 roster had what it took to win a championship, they just underachieved because of coachIng. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they drafted Eli because it eventually worked out but I can understand why a lot of our players were ****y and wouldn't buy in. They thought what they had was good enough and wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for Eli to be ready.
    not true at all. EA personally scouted eli at ole miss and had a report on him thats 100% accurate. EA woulda trade or gotten eli if his last name was toiletpaper

It really is 2012.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    not true at all. EA personally scouted eli at ole miss and had a report on him thats 100% accurate. EA woulda trade or gotten eli if his last name was toiletpaper
    I remember all the pre-draft stuff but like I said, I never watched Eli play college ball. The Chargers wanted Manning too so obviously it was more to it than just his name. It's funny to just blurt out some of your (my) earlier thoughts on the matter though.

I suspect Eli will go down as one of the Giants best QBs in franchise history..... if he wins another ring, he might even go down as the best Giants QB i franchise history..... which an argument could be made for that now.

+ Reply to Thread