+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tiki giving great praise to Eli

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I suspect Eli will go down as one of the Giants best QBs in franchise history..... if he wins another ring, he might even go down as the best Giants QB i franchise history..... which an argument could be made for that now.
    If he gets another ring he is in the conversation for greatest QB ever, on ANY team.

Quote Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
    If he gets another ring he is in the conversation for greatest QB ever, on ANY team.
    I would love that.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    some fans felt betrayed when Tiki retired while Eli was still going through his growing pains. Tiki never critized Eli's play when he was a player and barely said anything about him afterward. Coughlin was the main reason Tiki retired , Strahan talked about Coughlin in his book and Warner told the story how he pulled TC aside and told him we was losing the locker room. Tiki said he believed in eli he also said he was picking blue for both sb wins. why the grudge?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    some fans felt betrayed when Tiki retired while Eli was still going through his growing pains. Tiki never critized Eli's play when he was a player and barely said anything about him afterward. Coughlin was the main reason Tiki retired , Strahan talked about Coughlin in his book and Warner told the story how he pulled TC aside and told him we was losing the locker room. Tiki said he believed in eli he also said he was picking blue for both sb wins. why the grudge?
    It's hard to believe anything Tiki says because he changes his story depending on who is listening, all in the name of promoting himself as the smartest guy in the room. The grudge is based on rooting for a guy who turns out to be a ******-bag...

Not that I want to keep this thread going. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone care what Tiki has to say at this point. He's not even a legit analyst anymore.

But to answer the question. People hate Tiki because he gossiped about what was going on the huddle of his former team. At that point he's not an ex-giant he's a double agent, a spy, a merc. Everyone knows that Vegas rules apply to the huddle and Tiki broke the rules.

Also any claims that he "believed" in Eli is total B.S. You don't call someone "laughable" when you believe in him. Coughlin might have been one of the reasons Tiki retired but another reason was the he felt he would never win anything with Eli at QB.

So now he comes talking all nice AFTER Eli wins 2 SBs. Where was he when everyone was trashing the kid? I didn't hear Tiki saying anything about how "Laughable" the NFLs top 100 list was for not including Eli.

Tiki is a turncoat bandwagon *****.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Not that I want to keep this thread going. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone care what Tiki has to say at this point. He's not even a legit analyst anymore.

But to answer the question. People hate Tiki because he gossiped about what was going on the huddle of his former team. At that point he's not an ex-giant he's a double agent, a spy, a merc. Everyone knows that Vegas rules apply to the huddle and Tiki broke the rules.

Also any claims that he "believed" in Eli is total B.S. You don't call someone "laughable" when you believe in him. Coughlin might have been one of the reasons Tiki retired but another reason was the he felt he would never win anything with Eli at QB.

So now he comes talking all nice AFTER Eli wins 2 SBs. Where was he when everyone was trashing the kid? I didn't hear Tiki saying anything about how "Laughable" the NFLs top 100 list was for not including Eli.

Tiki is a turncoat bandwagon *****.
    you may want to skip strahans book then all sorts of storys about coughlin and eli and what went on in the locker room.

ps- he never called Eli laughable he said he first speech was comical as a rookie. some of you have gone as far as make things up to hate Tiki more.

To Quote Tiki - "He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him good, bad or indifferent he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured."

Now, did he not say even he "disparaged" Eli?

Tiki who?

As a player Tiki never said any disparaging words about Eli. To be honest Tiki deserves an honorary SB ring.

Banned
    As a player Tiki never said any disparaging words about Eli. To be honest Tiki deserves an honorary SB ring.
    Say whaaat? Honorary super bowl ring? Now that's comical!

+ Reply to Thread