+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Tiki talking about the toughest players he ever played with:
    Manning: He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him — good, bad or indifferent — he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured
    Ah YEAH!, AND Coach Coughlin was the smartest best coach I ever had, now can I have that work out with the Giants...I still got it man...WOW!, .these bills just keep comin' in

Sounds like Tiki taking credit for making Eli better..............of course.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Well put by Tiki, nice to see him say something nice for a change..
    It not the fact that what he is saying is nice, but it happens to be the truth. Majority now view Eli as mentally tough. It just took Tiki a little while longer to realize the Eli is as good as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Sounds like Tiki taking credit for making Eli better..............of course.
    I think the pre-edit of the blurb had tiki saying - "and thanks to me, he focused and got better"
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Well, thanks for the props, but we're full at RB...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Oh my god, did the moon turn brown or something? Tiki? noooo

Someone should write back and say hey Tiki, thanks for being mr. obvious today

This guy has no clue. People have been saying and writing this about Eli for years. It takes 2 SB's and public humiliation on Tiki's behalf to praise Eli? I call BS

People have got to stop hating on Tiki for saying stuff after he retired. Man's entitled to his opinion, right or wrong. I choose to remember Tiki Barber the NY Giants greatest RB ever. The stats don't lie, he had some incredible seasons rushing /recieving & returning the ball! Also has most 200yd rushing games in Giants history. Had he not retired so young & played another 4yrs or so, he'd have a SB ring & be a lock for the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    People have got to stop hating on Tiki for saying stuff after he retired. Man's entitled to his opinion, right or wrong. I choose to remember Tiki Barber the NY Giants greatest RB ever. The stats don't lie, he had some incredible seasons rushing /recieving & returning the ball! Also has most 200yd rushing games in Giants history. Had he not retired so young & played another 4yrs or so, he'd have a SB ring & be a lock for the HOF.
    Fans are entitled to their opinion as much as Miki is to his. There is no taking away what he accomplished wearing blue, BUT he's made some DUMB DUMB decisions from announcing his retirement at the beginning of the season to leaving his pregnant wife. Having worn blue doesn't exclude you from being an a-hole. Kind o f like a family member you can only shake your head at.

He retired so young because the horrible TC was "working him too hard" remember?
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Tiki is that man and I totally agree here. Eli has some special quality and is Gumby.