+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey 49er fans

Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Im sure he received some pretty hateful letters. How did that game make you feel at the time?
    We were more angry at the refs for blowing the holding call downfield, which the NFL apologized for the day after.

Meanwhile, don't blame Kyle Williams, blame Harbaugh for not preaching ball security. I'm sure the '11 NFC CG will be on NFL Network this week, watch how our WRs drop and cover up in traffic vs. how yours kept gambling on extra yardage in traffic. It's why you lost.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    We're talking about last year and he's bringing up 2002. Rofl.Can't get any worse than an Eagle/Jet fan I guess.
    49er fans are the lowset.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    I can't recall anyone placing blame on Williams. I remember seeing everyone within the organization standing up with Williams in support. The fans of course did not handle it as well. I was p*ssed as any sports fan would be. We were thin at WR/KR at the worst time. Of course that will not be the case come this Sunday.
    \
    make no mistake about it...he was HATED by teammates and fans alike for coughing that ball up. Personally i sent him a bunt cake.

I wasnt going to register, as I typically just browse to see what people are saying...

But, KW had 2 big fumbles, but Goldson also had some huge errors, knocking away 2 possible INTs including knocking out one of our starting DB's. Our receivers also were no-shows who couldnt get seperation (Thanks for that, Giants D). To place blaim soley on KW is ******ed. We lost as a team. The Niners lost for more reasons than "Kyle Williams", including the fact that the Giants are an extremely solid/stout team.

Another thing I have been seeing is that ST is one of our strongest points... Realistically this year it has been one of out biggest weaknesses. Lee is a beast, but Akers has missed some otherwise connections, our coverage has been... frustrating. Gave up a TD to Cobb, and almost a 2nd. Big return last week too.

I digress, I hope this week is injury free, in your face smash mouth extremely entertaining football... perferably with a niner win

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    We were more angry at the refs for blowing the holding call downfield, which the NFL apologized for the day after.

Meanwhile, don't blame Kyle Williams, blame Harbaugh for not preaching ball security. I'm sure the '11 NFC CG will be on NFL Network this week, watch how our WRs drop and cover up in traffic vs. how yours kept gambling on extra yardage in traffic. It's why you lost.
    this is the point i've been making since last year.

Our punt returner calls for a fair catch and then takes off after the catching, which gets him a flag, and coughlin yanks him from the game, with Ross returning punts after than just fair catching them and covering the ball.

Williams calls for a fair catch in the first half and dives for the ball LUCKILY catching it, Harbaugh leaves him in there, muffs one in the 2nd half, Harbaugh leaves him in there, stripped in OT, game over.

not to mention why he decided to give up the run in the 2nd half when both Gore and Smith were lighting us up.

stark contrast in coaching. 49ers fans saw it as a lucky Giants win, fans of Coughlin know the difference between luck and bad coaching.

he 'stuck with his guy' and that was the result. had nothing to do with luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

Our punt returner calls for a fair catch and then takes off after the catching, which gets him a flag, and coughlin yanks him from the game, with Ross returning punts after than just fair catching them and covering the ball.

Williams calls for a fair catch in the first half and dives for the ball LUCKILY catching it, Harbaugh leaves him in there, muffs one in the 2nd half, Harbaugh leaves him in there, stripped in OT, game over.

not to mention why he decided to give up the run in the 2nd half when both Gore and Smith were lighting us up.

stark contrast in coaching. 49ers fans saw it as a lucky Giants win, fans of Coughlin know the difference between luck and bad coaching.

Well put - and don't forget the unstoppable, vaunted Niners D gave up a TD pass to Manningham on 3rd & 15 when the Giants were on the 9ers 20 after the first Williams fumble..3rd & 15! They were already up, and stopping the Giants all night - All they'd have to do there is drop back in coverage and give up the inside yardage so they can hold them to a FG attempt (which was no guarantee make with the weather) & chances are that would have been enough to win.
    Last edited by GiantGremlin; 10-09-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Bench Player

Another lost fan. Before you talk crap, know the facts. We had NO other returners available for the game. Preach ball security? This is the NFL, not pee wee football. Williams made mistakes, and the team paid for them. They were just part of the reason we lost, not the main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    Another lost fan. Before you talk crap, know the facts. We had NO other returners available for the game. Preach ball security? This is the NFL, not pee wee football. Williams made mistakes, and the team paid for them. They were just part of the reason we lost, not the main reason.
    Sounds like your spewing crap all over these boards that's his opinion no need to dog him for it and to tell you the truth Giant fans have all the right in the world to hate your coach. They way he treated Coughlin after a great hard fought game was classless,just brushed him to the side like we didn't deserve to win. The guy can't take a loss. You can tell just by some of the statements the players on your team are making. Donte Whitner pulls the bs card " they didn't beat us we beat our selves" oh really Donte... Eli still had to complete that 3rd and 15 for a TD, Tynes still had to make that Field Goal. Your whole team just come off as classless losers. If the Giants lost that game they would've gave your team all the credit in the world, and not make excuses. Now they are saying that we celebrated to loud when we won the damn NFCCG...I mean come on what were they supposed to do shut up and not do anything, again 49ers player and coach>>classless.

Cruz was also tearing them up, and when the coverage closed in on him he protected the ball and gave himself up. It happened time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    Preach ball security? This is the NFL, not pee wee football. Williams made mistakes, and the team paid for them. They were just part of the reason we lost, not the main reason.
    Watch your receivers, especially on punt returns.

Now watch ours.

Your guys CONSTANTLY put the ball at risk trying to get yardage. Our guys gave themselves up.

BALL SECURITY -- protect the ball at all costs. If Williams drops and gives himself up instead of trying to dodge and juke, who knows what happens, especially in a tight field position game, and doubly especially in overtime after several possessions.

Ball security has been a big thing around here, probably because of the infamous Joe Pisarcik fumble... Always what Parcells preached and Coughlin follows suit.

But go ahead and ignore why you lost...
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-09-2012 at 04:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread