+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Bench Player

Hello Everyone!

Hey All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking on these forums for a long time. When I made this account in 2008 I remember thinking to myself, I have been following these boards forever so I might as well sign up! Just 4 years later I finally decided to take the plunge. A little about me, I grew up in North Jersey and My first memories of the Giants go back to the mid 80's. I know there were a whole lot of rough years prior to my time so all I can say I guess is it's good to be a 35 year old Giants fan! As for the running arguments on these boards, my opinions are as follows! (and I mean these have been going on for years!)

1. Eli is the best QB we have had in my lifetime. I still remember Phil in the SB in 1986 and that is best performance I have ever seen individually by a Giant. I might have been like 10 years old at the time but even then I knew what I was watching was special. Overall though, Eli has proven he can elevate the play around him. To me that is the most important thing.

2, Gilbride - Oh boy this one is tough. I can remember being part of the Killdrive club for many many years but I have come around recently. I think it is easy to go after him for some individual play calls but overall the Giants offense has been very explosive for the past few years so it is hard to get on a guy when the numbers overall say otherwise.

3. Fewell - I am not sure about this one. The lack of sacks is disappointing for sure but the D line still knocks down a ton of passes and gets some pressure. I don't know if part of it is trying to hide weaknesses or if its other teams have figured us out. I guess I would say I am not 100% sold here. One thing is certain, we are giving up too many points, We rely too heavily on Eli, if he has an off game we are sunk. It would be nice to see the defense win a few game for us this season.

I think that about covers the big 3. Anyways happy to be here and Go Big Blue!

Welcome, welcome!
    I thought we had something special!!!

All-Pro
    Welcome!

Welcome, looking forward to your perspective....