+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the 49ers really that good?

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPrism View Post
    Yeah maybe... But the kid has also had 7 different offensive cooridinators. Just make sure your defense keeps that mindset that he isn't that good and they'll get burnt all day long with Alex at the helm.
    Well with a Harbaugh as your head coach, it'll be like having Marino as your QB. Nice stats, good records, no rings. It is their family curse.

the same alex smith who completed 1 pass to his wr's last time we met? alex smith is efficient. big woop, any qb (even I could) should be efficient with that run game and OL. u guys come out in jumbo packages, 3 te looks, run the ball 2x then PA to Davis...lets not make believe that Alex Smith is anywhere near the stratosphere eli is on. alex smith is riding shotgun, he's along for the ride.
    that said, dont take that as a diss on alex smith. he's playing at a high level dont get me wrong, its just he is in a position where everything around him is in place to make things easier for him...

Yeah maybe... But the kid has also had 7 different offensive cooridinators. Just make sure your defense keeps that mindset that he isn't that good and they'll get burnt all day long with Alex at the helm.
    He isn't that good, he's average doesn't make a lot of mistakes, won't cost you the game but also unlikely to win you either. That is Alex smith, needs a great run game, can't take over a game like Eli can. Your QB has an average arm, mediocre on out routes, consistent on go routes if receiver is wide open. In short, I think the Giants should gameplan for Alex to beat them.. Meh.

79-3 the past 2 games... they're pretty good

Bench Player
    Eli and Smith are two completely different types of QBs. Smith doesn't need to be as effiecient as Eli in our system. Smith can make plays when he wants to, it's his consistency that's an issue. Smith isn't like Eli and won't just throw the ball up trusting his receivers to go get it in coverage. He has some athletic ability but he's more of a cerebral QB. This is also a similar system to what he played at Utah. I'm not saying he's some ultra badass GOAT but this is definitely the best year of his career and a lot of the posts that I've read so far, homerism aside, that most of you think this will be an easy win. The road to the SB goes through San Fran this year. Both of these teams are top 5 NFC teams and I've always been a fan of the Giants, so I hope we have the best game we've had so far this season for both teams.

Additionally, Alex Smith benefits from a dink and dunk type offense. Probably the majority of his passes to TE's and backs in the flat, or short slants. I might do some research on how many passes over 20 yards he has, and his average starting field position.

The road to the SB goes through San Fran this year. Both of these teams are top 5 NFC teams and I've always been a fan of the Giants, so I hope we have the best game we've had so far this season for both teams.
    It's actually looking like the road to the SB will be Atlanta this year since every other team in that division is getting beat down bad. SF will probably be the #2 seed again.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Their D is head and shpoulders above the Giants but the Giants offense is better then theirs so is kind of an even match up. But yes.....they are that good......
    Their D is "head and shoulders above the Giants?" REALLY??........We'll see about that

Eli and Smith are two completely different types of QBs. Smith doesn't need to be as effiecient as Eli in our system. Smith can make plays when he wants to, it's his consistency that's an issue. Smith isn't like Eli and won't just throw the ball up trusting his receivers to go get it in coverage. He has some athletic ability but he's more of a cerebral QB. This is also a similar system to what he played at Utah. I'm not saying he's some ultra badass GOAT but this is definitely the best year of his career and a lot of the posts that I've read so far, homerism aside, that most of you think this will be an easy win. The road to the SB goes through San Fran this year. Both of these teams are top 5 NFC teams and I've always been a fan of the Giants, so I hope we have the best game we've had so far this season for both teams.
    I love how you take jabs but cover them with fake compliments. Eli doesn't throw the ball up in coverage, he throws his reciever's open, that is the difference between Eli and your game manager Smith, and that's why he's a two time superbowl mvp/champion.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It's actually looking like the road to the SB will be Atlanta this year since every other team in that division is getting beat down bad. SF will probably be the #2 seed again.
    Yeah I haven't even paid too much attention to them. Division aside, have they played anyone decent so far(NFC)?

+ Reply to Thread