+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the 49ers really that good?

They're strong to very strong in literally every phase and every position and never turn the ball over. And I can't stand Harbaugh, but he's very innovative with his play designs and diagnosing his opponent's weaknesses.

I'd expect a heavy dose of power running and play action based on what we've shown so far in run D.

If we don't play our very best game and come out slow like we did against the Browns, we've got no shot

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    The only team that they've played with a winning record was Minnesota (4-1) to whom they lost; the rest are not doing so well. Note Minnesota's schedule has not been tough either.

Green Bay (2-3)
    Detroit (1-4)
    Jets (2-2) likely (2-3) after tonight
    Buffalo (2-3)

I think this will be a winnable game. If the D can hold up than we will be able to score. What say you????????
    I think they're very good.

So are the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by bosdober View Post
    The defense is the same defense you faced a year ago, with the benefit of an extra year of experience. The offense has gotten better WR and OL play so far this year than it got last year. Many of us longtime fans are not drinking the Kool Aid alluded to here yet, but regardless of the quality of our last 2 opponents, we have just under 600 yards rushing in the last 2 games. These are still NFL teams we put up those numbers on. You saw us twice last year - based on the above, I'm sure you can figure out that yeah, we really are that good.
    OMG, is it any wonder SF fans are so hated?

The 49ers are good. Congratulations. That puts you in the esteemed company of the Ravens, the Falcons, the Giants, the Patriots the Texans and the Steelers.

And no, you're not better than any of those teams. You know why? Because there are no trophies handed out for teams that used to suck for a really long time and now don't.

The only team that they've played with a winning record was Minnesota (4-1) to whom they lost; the rest are not doing so well. Note Minnesota's schedule has not been tough either.

Green Bay (2-3)
    Detroit (1-4)
    Buffalo (2-3)

I think this will be a winnable game. If the D can hold up than we will be able to score. What say you????????
    San Francisco is a good team.....but the Giants are the NFL champs. NY's issues are more mental than anything else.

If the Vikings can beat the 49ers, than so can the Giants.

I think both these teams are coming into this game looking to make a statement that may define their regular season. I like the Giants' chance here.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Alex Smith.... That's why this team can't win a super bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Alex Smith.... That's why this team can't win a super bowl
    Not true. You can win a SB without a great QB...you only need a good one that doesn't mistakes.

Bench Player
    Yeah is that why Alex Smith is the #1 rated QB so far this season. Nice try bro.

Green Bay (2-3)
    Detroit (1-4)
    Buffalo (2-3)

they are a good team as evident by their defense! their offense is not bad however without their d they are average!

the Giants are also good and i hope ready for this! i think a "ready" Giants team can beat them in their house!

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPrism View Post
    Yeah is that why Alex Smith is the #1 rated QB so far this season. Nice try bro.
    woah... a guy is doing well 5 games in against crappy teams. His career has consistently read SUCK. Vick had a couple good years too. He still sucks. So did Romo (lol romo). It's Alex Smith. He just isn't that good.

Bench Player
    Yeah maybe... But the kid has also had 7 different offensive cooridinators. Just make sure your defense keeps that mindset that he isn't that good and they'll get burnt all day long with Alex at the helm.

+ Reply to Thread