+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: Are the 49ers really that good?

  1. #61
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by iPrism View Post
    No no no. I never compared Eli to Smith. I said you can't compare them because they are two different kinds of QBs in two different systems. Alex Smith is not Eli Manning and will never put up numbers like any of the Mannings have. Eli is Elite and Smith isn't. I guess it was just instinct for me to try to defend my QB because no matter where I go my team still doesn't get any credit after their turn around. I expect this to be one of the closest games we play this year. From what I've seen you guys have been getting down early in almost all of your games so far and coming back in the 2nd half and it doesn't look like Tuck and JPP have been playing to their full potential and it sucks that most of your secondary is injured. Like I said the Giants are in my top 3 favorite teams outside of San Fran so I hope it's a great game and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I don't mean any disrespect to any Giants fans in any of my posts.
    Understandable I get it no harm no foul.... We just had a long day with some other 49ers fans not saying you but some so we are a on the edge.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    And my point remains the same, the 49ers are a very good team - one of the top teams in the league - just like the other teams I named. They are not better than any of them because that gets proven on the field, and on the field the 49ers haven't proven themselves to be better than those teams. IN fact, even if they win the SB this year, they still won't be.
    This makes a lot of sense.

  3. #63
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by iPrism View Post
    No no no. I never compared Eli to Smith. I said you can't compare them because they are two different kinds of QBs in two different systems. Alex Smith is not Eli Manning and will never put up numbers like any of the Mannings have. Eli is Elite and Smith isn't. I guess it was just instinct for me to try to defend my QB because no matter where I go my team still doesn't get any credit after their turn around. I expect this to be one of the closest games we play this year. From what I've seen you guys have been getting down early in almost all of your games so far and coming back in the 2nd half and it doesn't look like Tuck and JPP have been playing to their full potential and it sucks that most of your secondary is injured. Like I said the Giants are in my top 3 favorite teams outside of San Fran so I hope it's a great game and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I don't mean any disrespect to any Giants fans in any of my posts.
    Thanks, this is coherent.

    I don't understand the no respect thing. Does any football fan with a brain actually believe the 49ers aren't one of the best teams in the league? They clearly are.

    That said, no fan wants to be told that another fan's team is far superior to their own and whether you see it or not, that's exactly what many of the 49er fans who have arrived recently are saying. That does not lend itself to constructive dialogue.

  4. #64
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    OMG, is it any wonder SF fans are so hated?The 49ers are good. Congratulations. That puts you in the esteemed company of the Ravens, the Falcons, the Giants, the Patriots the Texans and the Steelers. And no, you're not better than any of those teams. You know why? Because there are no trophies handed out for teams that used to suck for a really long time and now don't.
    Not sure what I said to get you so worked up - all I did was answer the question with some facts. I didn't say we were better than anyone, but we're obviously a good team. I think it'll be a very competitive game on Sunday, just like our last 2 meetings.

  5. #65
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by bosdober View Post
    Not sure what I said to get you so worked up - all I did was answer the question with some facts. I didn't say we were better than anyone, but we're obviously a good team. I think it'll be a very competitive game on Sunday, just like our last 2 meetings.

    OK. I inferred an arrogance that you say wasn't there nor intended, my bad.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    You could ask if the Giants are really good. They have beaten teams that are a combined 2-12. Yes, the 49ers are very good. Their defense is extremely good especially against the run. Their OL is huge and they have the ability to bully DL's. This is bad news for the Giants DL that just keeps making excuses on how teams are playing them. The Giants defense is also not he best against the run and the 49ers I believe lead the league in rushing.
    Beat me to it.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    They have played some poor playing teams but so have we.. the difference is, they are blowing out bad teams.
    We blew out Carolina & Cleveland. The final score in the Browns game is deceptive cuz the G-men allowed a garbage time TD to them & we took a few knees at their 10yd line when a TD woulda made the score 48-27, but unlike the Patriots, we are a classy organization.
    Last edited by Parademon; 10-12-2012 at 09:55 PM.

  8. #68
    Yes, the 49ers are very good. Maybe more importantly, they are on a roll. 79-3 over the last 2 games and a record breaking offensive performance (300 yards rushing and 300 yards passing in 1 game), mostly due to the o-line. Both teams should bring their A-game.

  9. #69
    not afraid of the niners. We have ELI ...

  10. #70
    we are about to find out ... i do like that neither Buffalo or the Jets put up much of a fight ...while they are pretty focused, it can be tough to have to shift gears and play a much tougher opponent
    Last edited by GMan-67; 10-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Apologize to Melo 5

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts