+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    I think we underestimate how much the 49ers hate us

    This spawned out of another thread, but see my sig.

    Our teams have played 8 times in the playoffs (more times than 49ers-Cowboys), and 3 of our 4 Super Bowls went through them. We ended their quest for a 3-peat in 1990 and beat them in the NFC Championship Game twice in their house (both times on field goals after they turned the ball over), ruining 14-2 and 13-3 seasons. We gave them their worst playoff loss in their history. We ended Joe Montana's 49er career. Believe me, they hate us plenty. They may never admit it, but it's arguable they hate us most of all.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

  2. #2
    Yea the 1990 NFCCG and ending the 3Peat was one in the same. That was the game where they were running down the clock whild ahead 13-12 around mid field and Roger Craig was hit and LT came up with the ball and we went down to get the winning FG 15-13.. yes remember all these games like yesterday.. yea they hate us.

    And all they have to show for it is that debacle where we were up twenty something points and they came back and took lead after we choked and it came down to that screwed up FG attempt and the Illegal man down field call that was actually PI and should have giving us one play inside the 5 yard line
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #3

    Cool

    I live in updstate NY and my cousins were all 49ers fans along with other people I knew and I was the lone Giant fan somehow. During the Niner golden years they were not friendly to me lol. When the Niners dynasty collapsed they shut up and have been in hiding over a decade only springing up when the G-Men blew that big playoff game to Jeff Garcia, but for the most part shut up about football. That was until last year now they are ****y and huffing and puffing about how awesome they are and the Giants are overrated, etc. Niner fans with a sense of something to prove in Giant country are just as bad as the ones in Cali, maybe worse. Last years NFCCG gave me so much joy and even a loss this weekend will not take it away!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    This spawned out of another thread, but see my sig.

    Our teams have played 8 times in the playoffs (more times than 49ers-Cowboys), and 3 of our 4 Super Bowls went through them. We ended their quest for a 3-peat in 1990 and beat them in the NFC Championship Game twice in their house (both times on field goals after they turned the ball over), ruining 14-2 and 13-3 seasons. We gave them their worst playoff loss in their history. We ended Joe Montana's 49er career. Believe me, they hate us plenty. They may never admit it, but it's arguable they hate us most of all.
    Good points... and while I'm not conceding defeat - IF the Giants dont win, a win for the 9ers is hardly "revenge" or "redemption" as their fans would like to make it out to be. It would matter just as much as their regular season victory last year.
    80

  5. #5
    Starter bigblue2088's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    426
    I'd be butthurt too if as soon as I jumped on a bandwagon the same team repeatedly knocked us out of the playoffs

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
    I live in updstate NY and my cousins were all 49ers fans along with other people I knew and I was the lone Giant fan somehow. During the Niner golden years they were not friendly to me lol. When the Niners dynasty collapsed they shut up and have been in hiding over a decade only springing up when the G-Men blew that big playoff game to Jeff Garcia, but for the most part shut up about football. That was until last year now they are ****y and huffing and puffing about how awesome they are and the Giants are overrated, etc. Niner fans with a sense of something to prove in Giant country are just as bad as the ones in Cali, maybe worse. Last years NFCCG gave me so much joy and even a loss this weekend will not take it away!
    yes it will

  7. #7
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    I'd be butthurt too if as soon as I jumped on a bandwagon the same team repeatedly knocked us out of the playoffs
    "jump on the Bandwagon"........says the guy with 8 posts

    Lolololol
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

    A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

    CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

  8. #8
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    "jump on the Bandwagon"........says the guy with 8 posts

    Lolololol
    58 posts since november 11. Must have gotten butthurt over last year.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    yes it will
    Of course you would think 49ers winning this week would be revenge for NFCG just as I am sure you think Little D beating us on opening day makes up for us taking the division on the last game if the regular season in 2011.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    yes it will
    I value playoffs wins more then revenge regular season games. I want to win every week, but seeing the Niner fans reactions during the NFCCG was priceless, they thought they were going to win the Super Bowl last season. Early regular season games you can live to fight another day, not playoff games.

    Thanks for your input in how I would feel over a hypothetical scenario that has not happened.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts