+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thoughts from the enemy camp

49er's vs. Giants: The re-match a look at the numbers

http://ninernoise.com/2012/10/08/49e...t-the-numbers/

Excerpt: "
    The San Francisco 49ers look ahead to a rematch with the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants on Sunday. The 49ers will be looking for revenge after last seasons heart breaking loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship Game. The 49ers have outscored their opponents 79-3 since being upset in Minnesota. They set a franchise-record with 621 yards, and became the first team to tally over 300 yards both rushing and receiving in a game in NFL history.

Alex Smith is also the leagues highest rated passer with a 108.7 passer rating (entering Monday). The 49ers’ offense ranks sixth overall at 401.2 yards per game. They boast the league-leading rushing attack is averaging 195.8 yards per game, and it ranks first in 6.1 yards per play. Their eight rushing touchdowns are tied for third-most in the league. The 49ers have the league’s second-best defense in terms of yards per game, at 262.6.Let’s take a closer look at the numbers and how they compare to the Giants." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Have they seen our O-line lately? I'm predicting more of a shootout this time around...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    49er's vs. Giants: The re-match a look at the numbers

http://ninernoise.com/2012/10/08/49e...t-the-numbers/

Excerpt: "
    The San Francisco 49ers look ahead to a rematch with the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants on Sunday. The 49ers will be looking for revenge after last seasons heart breaking loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship Game. The 49ers have outscored their opponents 79-3 since being upset in Minnesota. They set a franchise-record with 621 yards, and became the first team to tally over 300 yards both rushing and receiving in a game in NFL history.

Alex Smith is also the leagues highest rated passer with a 108.7 passer rating (entering Monday). The 49ers’ offense ranks sixth overall at 401.2 yards per game. They boast the league-leading rushing attack is averaging 195.8 yards per game, and it ranks first in 6.1 yards per play. Their eight rushing touchdowns are tied for third-most in the league. The 49ers have the league’s second-best defense in terms of yards per game, at 262.6.Let’s take a closer look at the numbers and how they compare to the Giants." Read more...
    Blah Blah Blah........We will destroy them

All-Pro
    Unfortunately I don't think the Giants with their current roster match up well against the 49ers. I think Eli is the league MVP to this point, but after that everything favors the 49ers. They run the ball better than anyone and they stop the run better than anyone. The Giants have way to many issues on defense. Even if all the injured guys came back healthy the healthy guys are not playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think the Giants with their current roster match up well against the 49ers. I think Eli is the league MVP to this point, but after that everything favors the 49ers. They run the ball better than anyone and they stop the run better than anyone. The Giants have way to many issues on defense. Even if all the injured guys came back healthy the healthy guys are not playing well.
    You forgot to mention the passing game? Have you forgotten how Cruz torched Carlos Rogers..

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

All-Pro
    I think their DL is going to beat up on the Giants OL. I'm hoping Eli doesnt get hit like he did last year.

I'm not scared of the 49ers and they can be overrated as well. The Vikes beat them so can we. The Bills are nothing special so the 49ers should beat them. Bills also gave up and their receiving core isn't like ours.

All-Pro
    Right, and who did the Giants beat? Just saying, if we are going to compare who these two teams beat its not pretty either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Wow what else is new buddy you don't think the Giants have any shot......for once can you please have faith in this team injuries or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Wow what else is new buddy you don't think the Giants have any shot......for once can you please have faith in this team injuries or not.
    A couple of the visiting SF fans have more respect for the Giants than Buddy Ryan does...