+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Kruunch's Take (Browns Game)

  1. #21
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think our offensive line will hold up vs the 49ers. They kept the Eagles to 0 sacks on Eli. Part of that was on Eli's superhuman pocket presence, part of it was Bennett being kept in to block all the time (which is what we got him to do). I think we will frustrate SF's defense a lot more than people realize. Eli is the most patient QB in the NFL. He's not going to force it in a bad position if he can help it.

    It all comes down to whose defense shows up to play. Hopefully Tuck and Osi can wake up. JPP (and to some extent Linval) are the only ones on the d-line doing anything. Hopefully Hosley and Prince both play their A-game, so PF feels like he can send a blitzer from time to time.

    Also, Alex Smith may not be Michael Prick, but he can still take off if you lose contain. Osi, you're on notice...
    Osi has been on notice all year. He complained and begged for more money and he's playing his worst football I've ever seen! I think he's gone this year. Too much money, too little effort. We have rookies and backups that can do what he's doing for 1/4 of what he's making.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I got what your saying, Rolle is a veteran but when your playing cover 2, you have one side of the field and Brown has the other. Brown dropped down into a short route leaving Rolle to cover the whole deep part of the field? I don't think so.. Rolle was covering his portion, seen what was happening and tried to get over to Browns side but couldnt in time.
    It was a deep seam route. There was no "side". It was the middle of the field. Normally in that scenario either the Safeties have an understanding or it defaults to the veteran.

    Brown saying it was his fault is a nice sound bite from a guy trying to stay on the team and a stand up move ... but it wasn't his fault.

    Rolle is an excellent linebacker. Unfortunately that's not his position.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Did Brown really have a good game? He intercepted a poorly thrown ball and picked up a fumble caused by Hill. Right place at the right time I suppose. Well except for maybe those 2 TD's.
    That first interception he came out of nowhere for though. Pretty nice move. With limited liability he did a good job.

    That reference to him being the next Polamalu was a joke.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 10-09-2012 at 11:17 AM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Osi has been on notice all year. He complained and begged for more money and he's playing his worst football I've ever seen! I think he's gone this year. Too much money, too little effort. We have rookies and backups that can do what he's doing for 1/4 of what he's making.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one hoping to see more Ojomo in the near future.

  5. #25
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    It was a deep seam route. There was no "side". It was the middle of the field. Normally in that scenario either the Safeties have an understanding or it defaults to the veteran.

    Brown saying it was his fault is a nice sound bite from a guy trying to stay on the team and a stand up move ... but it wasn't his fault.

    Rolle is an excellent linebacker. Unfortunately that's not his position.
    Well we won't know until game film, maybe Rolle was covering a deep route on his side? Broke off that to try to help out Blackburn but didn't in time.. we will never know

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Glad to know I'm not the only one hoping to see more Ojomo in the near future.
    Why not, he has a reason to try.. and he makes a hell of a lot less...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yes, it was a tampa 2. Blackburn was supposed to drive deep middle, Rolle responsible for the other side of the field.

    Stevie Brown had deep responsibility for that side of the field, but had come up on a short route instead.

    That play is solely Stevie Brown's fault
    Yea, I saw that thinking Rolle was out of position. Stevie admited that it was his fault.

  7. #27
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    It was a deep seam route. There was no "side". It was the middle of the field. Normally in that scenario either the Safeties have an understanding or it defaults to the veteran.
    What are you talking about? the slot WR ran a corner route, the safety on the other side of the field will never get there.

    You are wrong. That play is Brown's mistake.

    Saying another player should be doing someone else's job instead of his own is even more incorrect.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    What are you talking about? the slot WR ran a corner route, the safety on the other side of the field will never get there.

    You are wrong. That play is Brown's mistake.

    Saying another player should be doing someone else's job instead of his own is even more incorrect.
    If it was a corner route then why was the receiver running a deep middle seam? We talking about the same play?

    I could very well be wrong ... as I said earlier, many times the safeties talk and understand who is going to be covering the gray area of the field on a given play. I just have a hard time seeing the last guy being the 4th string rookie, when we have a "star" veteran there.

  9. #29
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    If it was a corner route then why was the receiver running a deep middle seam? We talking about the same play?
    Its not a seam, he is running a corner route, he just turns up field once he clears the safety instead of continuing towards the corner. He is outside the numbers when he reaches the endzone.

    Sorry man, but even Brown has said it was his fault. Let it go. Brown is not Polamalu, and Rolle is not at fault on this play.

    And you know I am no Rolle homer.

  10. #30
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,006
    As you can see by this video, the pass is clearly on Browns side of the field. You can also see Brown way up on the short route when he should be been playing deep..

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...don-62-yard-TD

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts