+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kruunch's Take (Browns Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    First start though no?

I understand that that doesn't make him a true rookie ... was just trying to illustrate a point.
    lol no u werent, u were wrong but i applaud the attempt

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    That's one of those plays that makes you appreciate KP because he is rarely out of position and shines in covering the deep end of the field.
    didnt he like not allow a pass to go over him for a td last yr or something? i remember reading a helluva stat on his coverage last season

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    As you can see by this video, the pass is clearly on Browns side of the field. You can also see Brown way up on the short route when he should be been playing deep..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...don-62-yard-TD
    yeah but the wr aligned presnap on rolles side. i'd say it was just a bad play call and bad play by both safeties. rolle wasnt like chasing hm 10 yds away, he was virtually a step behind. the route prob developed on rolles 1/2 of the field, which is understandable for brown making his mistake bc he prob felt he had no one threaten his responsibility and moved up to cover the shorter route, which can sometimes actually be a savvy move by a S (but also can lead to getting burnt deep)....it was just a great play call and great throw vs a defense that wasnt properly ready to defend it...lets not forget, it was a PA and the pass rush shoulda gotten there as well

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its not a seam, he is running a corner route, he just turns up field once he clears the safety instead of continuing towards the corner. He is outside the numbers when he reaches the endzone.

Sorry man, but even Brown has said it was his fault. Let it go. Brown is not Polamalu, and Rolle is not at fault on this play.

And you know I am no Rolle homer.
    wasnt it a post route or am i confusing plays?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yeah but the wr aligned presnap on rolles side.
    That doesnt matter, Rolles responsibility was to be the deepest player on his side of the field, which he did.

Brown did not.

It may have been designed as a post route, but once Brown came up, he bent the route outwards to keep yardage on Rolle.

yeah i know it doesnt matter in terms of play responsibility. but i believe that in the post that u erased the context of that statement, i stated that he aligned to rolles side, and the route developed on rolles side. which is then easy to understand how brown could have lost sight of his responsibility. it was browns gaffe, but i can understand why he made it. sometimes the S can get an int when doing what he did, we just didnt have coverage on Gordon.
    Thats why i guess i said overall it was really just a good play call that caught us off guard, and thats why i put some blame to rolle as well...it wasnt like rolle was trailing him by 10 yds, he was pretty much a step or two trailing the entire way really...but i know the alignment presnap doesnt matter in terms of what the defensive responsibilities are...

Well players dont usually make mistakes for poor reasons, either they dont get the play properly, or they dont realize what they should be doing.

Rolle never gained on him because the WR bent the route outwards away from him, Rolle had a lot of ground to make up, plus Rolle could not originally just forget about his assignment and run over to help stevie brown out.

true

Just talked to a former nfl DB. (Matt Bowen) he looked at the second passing TD and agreed that was Stevie Browns fault.

So Brown was solely responsible for both passing TDs allowed.

+ Reply to Thread