+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Did you not see the TD catch with Chase Blackburn playing slot nickel (inadvertently)?

Rolle is a great run stuffer and blitzer ... he's down right awful when he's playing .... errr .... the Safety position.
    That TD was Brown's fault, not Rolle's

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    That TD was Brown's fault, not Rolle's
    Here's the thing about that ... deep middle route against a Tampa 2 defense are going to get the attention of:

A) The veteran safety.

B) The rookie 4th string safety

It wasn't a sideline pass ... either safety had range on the middle of the field and the veteran usually is assigned the greater range if a toss up. So yeah, I say it's Rolle's fault more than the 4th string rookie's.

But you say tomato, I say beet. Shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I'm surprised that Randle coming up big for us isn't more of a story. Both himself and Hixon were a lot more impressive than Cruz was.
    Hard to talk about Randle in a three TD performance by Cruz.

But yeah it was really nice seeing him contribute Sunday (I expect that level of contribution from Hixon when healthy).

We'll agree to disagree then.

And Tampa 2 != Cover 3. Blackburn was in perfect position (for his assignment).
    Brown admitted it was his fault, classy move but don't do it again.

Linebackers were absolutely horrible behind an equally horrible d-line. I saw Kiwi get knocked down by a WR on a run his way. You can add Kiwi to the list of under-achievers in 2012. I don't get the Eli comment. Bradshaw is tough, I do agree he should do the Tiki.

Our linebackers suck.

Oh and Micheal Boley? Michael Boley? I told you guys last season he was playing out of his mind and that we shouldn't assume he'll double up. And for the people who lov Kiwi at linebacker....I didn't see him doing too much "funneling" sunday. He's as much a non-factor at backer as Tuck and Osi are at end.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Here's the thing about that ... deep middle route against a Tampa 2 defense are going to get the attention of:

A) The veteran safety.

B) The rookie 4th string safety

It wasn't a sideline pass ... either safety had range on the middle of the field and the veteran usually is assigned the greater range if a toss up. So yeah, I say it's Rolle's fault more than the 4th string rookie's.

But you say tomato, I say beet. Shrug.
    I got what your saying, Rolle is a veteran but when your playing cover 2, you have one side of the field and Brown has the other. Brown dropped down into a short route leaving Rolle to cover the whole deep part of the field? I don't think so.. Rolle was covering his portion, seen what was happening and tried to get over to Browns side but couldnt in time.

All-Pro
    Did Brown really have a good game? He intercepted a poorly thrown ball and picked up a fumble caused by Hill. Right place at the right time I suppose. Well except for maybe those 2 TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Did Brown really have a good game? He intercepted a poorly thrown ball and picked up a fumble caused by Hill. Right place at the right time I suppose. Well except for maybe those 2 TD's.
    Isn't being at the right place at the right time, doing your job?

I think our offensive line will hold up vs the 49ers. They kept the Eagles to 0 sacks on Eli. Part of that was on Eli's superhuman pocket presence, part of it was Bennett being kept in to block all the time (which is what we got him to do). I think we will frustrate SF's defense a lot more than people realize. Eli is the most patient QB in the NFL. He's not going to force it in a bad position if he can help it.

It all comes down to whose defense shows up to play. Hopefully Tuck and Osi can wake up. JPP (and to some extent Linval) are the only ones on the d-line doing anything. Hopefully Hosley and Prince both play their A-game, so PF feels like he can send a blitzer from time to time.

Also, Alex Smith may not be Michael *****, but he can still take off if you lose contain. Osi, you're on notice...