+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,403

    David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

    Coughlin on WFAN, when asked about Wilson's role in the offense said he is (quote) "very close to earning a larger, more consistent role on offense"

    Gee, its about time, ya think? Anyone still want to argue that Wilson deserves only 2 carries a game? please, be my guest

    Also, this honestly still gives me limited hope that Wilson will see more than 4 or 5 touches. "very close" to Coughlin is pretty much like telling the media "yeah he will play eventually, stop pestering me" stubborn stubborn
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 10-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Coughlin is Coughlin. It's frustrating for us, but it provides great motivation for Wilson.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Coughlin is Coughlin. Frustrating for us, but it provides great motivation for Wilson.
    until the kid demonstrates that he knows all the protections, he will not be lined up in the backfield for more than a few plays per game. That's just the way it is.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    until the kid demonstrates that he knows all the protections, he will not be lined up in the backfield for more than a few plays per game. That's just the way it is.
    Bradshaw wasn't an excellent pass blocker his first 2 years in the league but he saw plenty of opportunities in the backfield.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,392
    Quote Originally Posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
    Bradshaw wasn't an excellent pass blocker his first 2 years in the league but he saw plenty of opportunities in the backfield.
    While he was not the great pass protection guy he is now early in his career, from what I can tell and recall back then Bradshaw was still lightyears ahead of where Wilson is in that department presently.

    That said if the O-line can catch the 49ers napping a few times this week, Wilson could make a game changing play this week in the run game or maybe this is the week he breaks a big one for a TD on a kickoff.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-09-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  6. #6
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    While he was not the great pass protection guy he is now early in his career, from what I can tell and recall back then Bradshaw was still lightyears ahead of where Wilson is in that department presently.

    That said if the O-line can catch the 49ers napping a few times this week, Wilson could make a game changing play this week in the run game or maybe this is the week he breaks a big one for a TD on a kickoff.
    Just remember, too, that AB didn't start getting a larger role in the offense until the very end of his rookie season.

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,020
    Quote Originally Posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
    Bradshaw wasn't an excellent pass blocker his first 2 years in the league but he saw plenty of opportunities in the backfield.
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,392
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    This too.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    and BOOM.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    haha good point. miss those days

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts