+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

Coughlin on WFAN, when asked about Wilson's role in the offense said he is (quote) "very close to earning a larger, more consistent role on offense"

Gee, its about time, ya think? Anyone still want to argue that Wilson deserves only 2 carries a game? please, be my guest

Also, this honestly still gives me limited hope that Wilson will see more than 4 or 5 touches. "very close" to Coughlin is pretty much like telling the media "yeah he will play eventually, stop pestering me" stubborn stubborn
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 10-09-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Coughlin is Coughlin. It's frustrating for us, but it provides great motivation for Wilson.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    TC knows what he's doing. Plug in Wilson around week 11. Get a well rested explosive rookie against the more tired defenses....

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Coughlin on WFAN, when asked about Wilson's role in the offense said he is (quote) "very close to earning a larger, more consistent role on offense"

Gee, its about time, ya think? Anyone still want to argue that Wilson deserves only 2 carries a game? please, be my guest

Also, this honestly still gives me limited hope that Wilson will see more than 4 or 5 touches. "very close" to Coughlin is pretty much like telling the media "yeah he will play eventually, stop pestering me" stubborn stubborn
    the Giants are handling Wilson they way they deem fit. They see him alot more then you or I do. They trust his hands or he wouldnt be returning KOs. Thats a huge trust factor from TC. He will slowly be integrated more and more into the offense. No worries man....it will happen
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Coughlin is Coughlin. Frustrating for us, but it provides great motivation for Wilson.
    until the kid demonstrates that he knows all the protections, he will not be lined up in the backfield for more than a few plays per game. That's just the way it is.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    until the kid demonstrates that he knows all the protections, he will not be lined up in the backfield for more than a few plays per game. That's just the way it is.
    Bradshaw wasn't an excellent pass blocker his first 2 years in the league but he saw plenty of opportunities in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Coughlin on WFAN, when asked about Wilson's role in the offense said he is (quote) "very close to earning a larger, more consistent role on offense" Gee, its about time, ya think? Anyone still want to argue that Wilson deserves only 2 carries a game? please, be my guest Also, this honestly still gives me limited hope that Wilson will see more than 4 or 5 touches. "very close" to Coughlin is pretty much like telling the media "yeah he will play eventually, stop pestering me" stubborn stubborn
    How much time do you spend watching Wilson in practice?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
    Bradshaw wasn't an excellent pass blocker his first 2 years in the league but he saw plenty of opportunities in the backfield.
    While he was not the great pass protection guy he is now early in his career, from what I can tell and recall back then Bradshaw was still lightyears ahead of where Wilson is in that department presently.

That said if the O-line can catch the 49ers napping a few times this week, Wilson could make a game changing play this week in the run game or maybe this is the week he breaks a big one for a TD on a kickoff.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-09-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    This too.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

+ Reply to Thread