+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    Eli became a starter his rookie season.
    Yeah like week nine or ten. HB's are gonna fumble, it's the nature of the business. Defenders get paid to tackle and go after the ball. Does he need to protect the ball better? Yes without a doubt but that doesn't mean he should be benched because of one fumble. I'm talking about the Dallas game obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    49ers are ball hawks, I'd be weary of him getting the ball there
    this...im all for giving dw more carries, just dont know if the 9ers r the team to do it against.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Yeah like week nine or ten. HB's are gonna fumble, it's the nature of the business. Defenders get paid to tackle and go after the ball. Does he need to protect the ball better? Yes without a doubt but that doesn't mean he should be benched because of one fumble. I'm talking about the Dallas game obviously.
    Big division game...rookie's first NFL game ever...lots on the line. Isn't that exactly the time when you would rather go with experience?

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    [QUOTE=yoeddy;525304]
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post

Goal-line and short yardage is not a significant role? .
    That is corret. His role was ,"Here is the ball. Run in that hole." Straight ahead Power. Limited responsiblity. Limited situations. Limited roll. I absolutely agree with you on that last statement. I have faith that they have prepared him. You don't really know what you have until you use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    until the kid demonstrates that he knows all the protections, he will not be lined up in the backfield for more than a few plays per game. That's just the way it is.
    not to mention, catch the ball, as hes dropped 3outta4 passes his way, and hes all ready demonstrated fumbling issues. I mean, the TD run and KO returns were mostly due to insane blocking.. The holes were so big Hynoski could of ran wild.. That said, it would be all right to give em a few extra looks, but its no ones fault but his own, to why its taking this long...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How much time do you spend watching Wilson in practice?
    about 0. maybe negative time.

as you can tell, I am obsessed with im. just like I was jacobs. just like Bradshaw. Then darell scott. And now Wilson. Before long it will be some other back...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    until the kid demonstrates that he knows all the protections, he will not be lined up in the backfield for more than a few plays per game. That's just the way it is.
    Agreed. However then figure out creative ways to get the ball in his hands. line up both AB and Wilson in back field. Let AB block and send wilson out for a pass in space.. even a screen with some blocking this kid can turn into a HUGE gain. he has the ablility to make something out of nothing. but he cant do that sitting on the bench
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

he could be the guy that SF doesnt account for and could be the XFactor in that game Sunday
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

oh yeah and I was high on Brown too before he tore his achilles. I guess they Giants just have a special nac for drafting RB's. I mean i know they are a dime a dozen but it seems like we get consistent production from relatively inexpensive contracts. And that is HUGE

Take WR for example. We are paying ALL of our wideouts for a few million less than what Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson is making alone. in base salary.

Sometimes we need to look at the ratio of production to salary in order to evaluate the effectiveness of our FO as it pertains to different positions.
    Example: WR, FB,RB,TE (seems to be all offense, huh?) we are doing an excellent job the past few years with getting production for a low price.

Safety, CB, DL not so much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    he could be the guy that SF doesnt account for and could be the XFactor in that game Sunday

+ Reply to Thread