+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    about 0. maybe negative time.

as you can tell, I am obsessed with im. just like I was jacobs. just like Bradshaw. Then darell scott. And now Wilson. Before long it will be some other back...
    Try trusting the coaching staff, it has a calming effect
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    he could be the guy that SF doesnt account for and could be the XFactor in that game Sunday
    Too bad the Giants don't account for him, either.

Just to paraphrase what you said ... "BROWNS".
    Your using a 0-4 team that we just crushed as your example of why rookies need to start?
    Richardson doesnt have the LUXURY Wilson is receiving.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Too bad the Giants don't account for him, either.
    [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ***51bC1VU_EUbVPgs8v9KGxHjyaSi emO3NYGwicb8baOxNoPFA[/img]

oh yeah and I was high on Brown too before he tore his achilles. I guess they Giants just have a special nac for drafting RB's. I mean i know they are a dime a dozen but it seems like we get consistent production from relatively inexpensive contracts. And that is HUGE

Take WR for example. We are paying ALL of our wideouts for a few million less than what Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson is making alone. in base salary.

Sometimes we need to look at the ratio of production to salary in order to evaluate the effectiveness of our FO as it pertains to different positions.
    Example: WR, FB,RB,TE (seems to be all offense, huh?) we are doing an excellent job the past few years with getting production for a low price.

Safety, CB, DL not so much.
    Wait a minute.. did i miss something??? I know i have been off for a few days but i scan all the threads when i come on. I didnt see anything about Brown tearing his achillies... all i heard was he banged his head and would have to be evauated by the league before he could play again due to a concussion... is there a link on this?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Just a concussion, as far as I know. I was also confused by that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Just a concussion, as far as I know. I was also confused by that line.
    I think he may be referring when he was a Rookie and torn it and we Cut him.

There is nothing mentioned in regard to him retearing it. He got hit on the kickoff and knocked out i heard. that was it for him. he didnt get any carries after that. so thus no torn achillies.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Wait a minute.. did i miss something??? I know i have been off for a few days but i scan all the threads when i come on. I didnt see anything about Brown tearing his achillies... all i heard was he banged his head and would have to be evauated by the league before he could play again due to a concussion... is there a link on this?
    His first trip here he tore his achilles. That was like 7 teams ago
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Coughlin on WFAN, when asked about Wilson's role in the offense said he is (quote) "very close to earning a larger, more consistent role on offense"

Gee, its about time, ya think? Anyone still want to argue that Wilson deserves only 2 carries a game? please, be my guest

Also, this honestly still gives me limited hope that Wilson will see more than 4 or 5 touches. "very close" to Coughlin is pretty much like telling the media "yeah he will play eventually, stop pestering me" stubborn stubborn
    I'll take these comments in a very positive light. It means Wilson is heading in the right direction.

Frankly, I think the Giants are going to need him against the 49ers.....his speed could have a huge impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'll take these comments in a very positive light. It means Wilson is heading in the right direction.

Frankly, I think the Giants are going to need him against the 49ers.....his speed could have a huge impact on the game.
    Maybe it will be next man up for Wilson

# 80

+ Reply to Thread