+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

this is probably the last team you want to test out a young RB by giving him a larger role. I expect something similar to last game but I'll tell you what, if he makes huge plays against that 49ers defense, expect him to have a Massive role in the next game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post

Is that a young Andy Reid?! Like before his Lorax mustache swallowed most of his face?

Veteran
    With Andre Brown out Coughlin has little choice in the matter. That said the kid has shown (ON HIS FIRST REGULAR HAND OFF - everything else was a pitch - one delay) that he can absolutely be electric and he has to get touches. No problem with tom bringing him in slowly after the fumble - lesson learned hopefully. Yes the niners are stout and yes every yard is earned - but thats no reason to not get a playmaker the ball. He may not have his best say but you gotta stick with the run and usually a hole or two breaks at some point. Lets hope 22 is in one at some point - cause the next thing you'll see is a saftey turning his head to see 22 on a back.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    With Andre Brown out Coughlin has little choice in the matter. That said the kid has shown (ON HIS FIRST REGULAR HAND OFF - everything else was a pitch - one delay) that he can absolutely be electric and he has to get touches. No problem with tom bringing him in slowly after the fumble - lesson learned hopefully. Yes the niners are stout and yes every yard is earned - but thats no reason to not get a playmaker the ball. He may not have his best say but you gotta stick with the run and usually a hole or two breaks at some point. Lets hope 22 is in one at some point - cause the next thing you'll see is a saftey turning his head to see 22 on a back.
    We don't yet know if Brown will play or not on Sunday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    I understand the frustration with wanting to get Wilson on the field... I would love to see more of him too, but one thing Coughlin does well is to make sure his young guys are ready before putting them on the field. He is bringing him along slowly, just as he has done so many times before with various players. It works, and this is one case where I don't question it. Yes, I want to see more Wilson, but not at the expense of going through the growing pains that all rookies go through. AB has proven he is more than capable of handling the majority of the load while Wilson is groomed for what is most likely going to be the starting role. Should AB struggle, we can all feel fairly confident in Wilson being able to come in and contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I understand the frustration with wanting to get Wilson on the field... I would love to see more of him too, but one thing Coughlin does well is to make sure his young guys are ready before putting them on the field. He is bringing him along slowly, just as he has done so many times before with various players. It works, and this is one case where I don't question it. Yes, I want to see more Wilson, but not at the expense of going through the growing pains that all rookies go through. AB has proven he is more than capable of handling the majority of the load while Wilson is groomed for what is most likely going to be the starting role. Should AB struggle, we can all feel fairly confident in Wilson being able to come in and contribute.
    Wilson has been reported to be working very hard at practice and it's showing. He's not been relegated to bench warming as he's the undisputed kick returner. They are developing him as is there habit. Had Brown not had such a stellar start to the season we may have seen Wilson a abit more. But he's better off getting his reads and blocking down before he has to be thrown into the game unprepared. He will continue top get touches and the best thing he can do is what he did last Sunday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Everyone is acting like the niners have some sort of defense that is rookie proof. Somehow Wilson against the niners defense = utter disaster?? C'mon guys lets be serious with ourselves. Rookie or not (let alone A FIRST ROUNDER) everyone in this league is a professional and anything can happen on any given Sunday. I would NOT be surprised if we ran for over 96 yards. not one bit

Did the Germans hesitate during WWII? No

Did Michael Scott give up all hope for Holly because of A.J? No

Did Emeral Lagassi stop making food because his fat cousin told him it taste like ****? No

Should the Giants not run Wilson just because the niners have a 'good' defense? NO

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    ya know what, he may even be more effective as a rb vs SF than bradshaw in the aspect that SF DL and LBs shed blocks and get into gaps so quickly that having a RB who can burst thru a crack in the line in the blink of an eye may be better bc it would mean the OL doesnt have to sustain their blocks as long...just throwing that out there.

and to the post abut ppl thinking SF's D is "rookie-proof" and that bc wilson is a rookie he shouldnt be featured...its not that at all, its bc Wilson may have ball handling issues and SF is NASTY at trying to cause fumbles...thats it. and it could hurt his maturation if he plays and has a couple of fumbles that cost us a game...

How close is Da'Rel Scott?

+ Reply to Thread