+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    You'd think that would have ended this debate. Nope. People are in love with their own opinions....even in the face of great logic.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    this is probably the last team you want to test out a young RB by giving him a larger role. I expect something similar to last game but I'll tell you what, if he makes huge plays against that 49ers defense, expect him to have a Massive role in the next game.
    thats just the thing. Wilson is to new and young to be intimidated by them. He doesn't know any better. He doesn't know he not supposed to be able to go out there and tear off long 50/60 yard TDs against that defense
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Wilson has been reported to be working very hard at practice and it's showing. He's not been relegated to bench warming as he's the undisputed kick returner. They are developing him as is there habit. Had Brown not had such a stellar start to the season we may have seen Wilson a abit more. But he's better off getting his reads and blocking down before he has to be thrown into the game unprepared. He will continue top get touches and the best thing he can do is what he did last Sunday.
    I did not mean to suggest he was relegated to the bench.... "They are developing him as is there habit"... that's exactly what I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I did not mean to suggest he was relegated to the bench.... "They are developing him as is there habit"... that's exactly what I was saying.
    That wasn't really directed at you, I got carried away in the woosh of negativity
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    That wasn't really directed at you, I got carried away in the woosh of negativity
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by bg79 View Post
    Theres a difference between a player not being a good blocker or RB and a player who hasnt been given the opportunity to showcase if he is or not. Wilson took a run to the house (like he did during preseason) and that still didnt warrant him to receive another carry after it. It has to be frustrating and disheartening for the premise to be put in place that his lack of opportunities stems from a fumble in game 1 and that he needed to work into good graces. Meanwhile the #1 RB prior to this game was performing horribly all season and then starts the game off with a fumble yet Coughlin goes right back to him. It's almost like the rules don't apply to everyone and even though Wilson was tearing it up with the kick returns he wasnt given any other opportunities due to one simple mistake in his first game.

It's this kind of over the top conservative philosophy with rookies that makes me think that Coughlin wouldnt even be playing a rookie Adrian Peterson if we had him. If you're going to make a huge stink over the fumble like he did you need to apply that fairly to others especially those who were not performing up to the standards. It's funny though, TC sticks with the guy who fumbles and that guy gets a 200 yard game. Makes you wonder what Wilson couldve done had he been stuck with and not bailed out on.
    Completely wrong. Rookies and vets do not get the same rules. Rookie has to earn trust, the vet has it already. AB's fumble this week was a weird play where Snee smashed into him right on the ball. He didn't get stripped. And as far as the blocking. Maybe he has had the chance to show his skills in practic and hasn't done a good job. Don't worry you can save your Wilson jersey, it will be his job soon.

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)

Cool

I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    Yeppers.......I could have busted a few dandy runs with the line we had back then. But probably not now because I'm always wasted all the time. I AM still pretty spry on my feet, though.

I lieu of Wilson madness on these boards, AB is still one heck of running back. Its sad to see his great blue journey come to an end. But the time is near. A changing of the guards looms soon in the wind.

Shall it not, blame must be put forth onto those in command. Coughlin must be fired hath the trigger be untouched.

even the niners fans fear the guy. ahahaha DAVIDDDDD WILSONNNNN. the man, the muscle, the myth straight from VT to your home screen, the greatest show in blue!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread