+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wilson "very close" To Larger Role

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    and BOOM.

Veteran
    Hopefully his touches will tick up week by week between now and then. Also one thing to keep in mind is with Couglins approach he is:

Teaching Wilson to be a professional to work his *** off while protecting him from hitting the rookie wall that many crash into in November / December when starting since week 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe those were the days when the Oline was dominant.
    haha good point. miss those days

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
    Hopefully his touches will tick up week by week between now and then. Also one thing to keep in mind is with Couglins approach he is: Teaching Wilson to be a professional to work his *** off while protecting him from hitting the rookie wall that many crash into in November / December when starting since week 1
    Both Wilson and Brown have said they have a lot to learn
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Bradshaw will stay the #1, but obviously Wilson will get more carries as soon as he gets his blocking down.

POP IT AHMAD!
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

All-Pro
    I don't expect him to play much more this week than he did last week. The 49ers defense is very good and there is no way they are not going to protect Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Coughlin is Coughlin. It's frustrating for us, but it provides great motivation for Wilson.
    Thank god TC is TC.

Bradshaw wasn't an excellent pass blocker his first 2 years in the league but he saw plenty of opportunities in the backfield.
    Who else was there ahead of him? Tiki retired so it was BJ, Ward and AB. There wasn't a player of AB's caliber ahead of him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    Who else was there ahead of him? Tiki retired so it was BJ, Ward and AB. There wasn't a player of AB's caliber ahead of him.
    One could use the same logic, there is not a player of David Wilson's physically gifted ability ahead of him on depth chart.

I loved what Ahmad did on Sunday, especially his response to opening game with a fumble, but there is no denying Wilson is the RB of the future. And the potential to be a star.

I'd like to see Bradshaw as 1A, Wilson 1B, and Brown as our short yardage back.
    Last edited by GMAN2K9; 10-09-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Bradshaw wasn't an excellent pass blocker his first 2 years in the league but he saw plenty of opportunities in the backfield.
    If I remember Bradshaw hardly saw any time his rookie year. He burst e's on to the scene week 15 or 16 against buffalo. Then his second year was third with total amount of carries for rbs behind Jacobs and ward. It's only week 5 and Wilson already has been returning kicks and still rotting limited touches. Basically I think Wilson by then end of his first 2 years will have far more opportunities than Bradshaw did.

+ Reply to Thread