+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Hosley and Bernard a must

Certainly we have several injuries to marquee names - no one bigger then Hakeem Nicks. That said we have a great deal of depth at wideout. Against that D the more hands on deck the better, but perhaps the two biggest injuries in terms of matchup are Bernard and especially Hosley.

With Hill gone for four games we just lost our nickel. Hosley was warming up to the spot pre hammy and it is imperative we have him back for sf otherwise it will be coe or tryon in the nickel or possibly antrel. Neither sash nor brown are quick enough to man this spot. Hosley would keep antrel from having to play out of position and he really looked like he was playing the spot nicely. Hill also looked very good. And if either of them could stay on the filed they look to be the future of this secondary along with prince. With vernon davis out there the corners may not be getting a ton of help this game so cwebb and prince have to be at there best - against an underrated group with crabtree mario and old man randy but more so k williams.

Bernard is another must and says he thinks he'll be ready to go with the quad healing but still unsure. Against a big nasty oline and with a back like gore you have to have the big boys ready to go upfront. And while Kuhn showed he has a nice motor and never quits on a play he just isn't ready for prime time YET.

Nicks would obviously help eli a ton and rivers could help bang on davis but i still think hosley and bernard are the must go's.......ok hakeem too - guy is a beast.

Couldn't agree more with needing Bernard and Hosley on the D, Wouldn't mind seeing Nicks either!

All-Pro
    Yeah I think they need all 3 for sure. The 49ers OL is a good group and they will bully the Giants DL unless they stop making excuses and fix whatever it is that's needs fixing. Nicks would be nice but he has been missing a lot of time. I hope people realize this. If he plays he may be rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah I think they need all 3 for sure. The 49ers OL is a good group and they will bully the Giants DL unless they stop making excuses and fix whatever it is that's needs fixing. Nicks would be nice but he has been missing a lot of time. I hope people realize this. If he plays he may be rusty.
    Nicks rusty is still better than many WR at full strength
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Sash is no Hill I hate to say it. Bring back Hosley get him on the field!

Veteran
    I think we should add Keith Rivers and Chris Canty to Bernard and Hosley. If you are just talking about eligibility for this week then just add Rivers to Hosley and Bernard. I really think you will see a marked difference with Rivers in at LB'er. He can fly probably better than any of the Giants LB'ers when healthy and he is a solid tackler. His contribution to the LB'er corps could be immense particularly against the run.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I think we should add Keith Rivers and Chris Canty to Bernard and Hosley. If you are just talking about eligibility for this week then just add Rivers to Hosley and Bernard. I really think you will see a marked difference with Rivers in at LB'er. He can fly probably better than any of the Giants LB'ers when healthy and he is a solid tackler. His contribution to the LB'er corps could be immense particularly against the run.
    I would love to see Boley - Rivers -Kiwi at LB and Williams on 3rd and longs with Kiwi rushing the QB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by timmytimm3 View Post
    I would love to see Boley - Rivers -Kiwi at LB and Williams on 3rd and longs with Kiwi rushing the QB.
    I imagine that was the plan when they made the trade for Rivers and Blackburn would go back to being situational. As the saying goes, unfortunately, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. "

GET HEALTHY RIVERS AND BE AN EXPERT OF THE GIANTS DEFENSE WHEN YOU GET BACK IN THE LINEUP!
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-09-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    The problem with Rivers is he can not stay on the field. His reputation is well earned.

I hope that if Hosley is healthy, PF doesn't bench him for Webster when 2 CB are on the field. Let Webster play the first snap to be the "starter", but Prince and Hosley both need to be on the field. I don't care if you do a lot of nickel, but keep those two on the field. Prince can pretty much eliminate Crabtree from the equation entirely, Hosley will be able to keep Manningham on edge. Webster needs to go and replay that Randy Moss TD in SBXLII to get himself fired up.

Rivers and KP need to be healthy as well, if we have any hope of preventing VD from completing passes. One nice thing is that VD is more of a receiver than a blocker, so Max Protect won't be as effective as some other teams.

Nicks needs to be healthy, if only to draw some double coverage. Eli will distribute the ball to whoever is open, but if we can draw double coverage with Nicks and Cruz, Eli will make Hixon, Barden, or Bennett step up...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.