+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bench Player

Changes on the defensive line that we need to make!!!

JPP had 16.5 sacks before Osi came back last season. From the time Osi returned till the end of the season, JPP only had 1.5 sacks. In my opinion, put JPP back at the right side defensive end position and let him attack the Qb's blind side. This put JPP in the best possible position to attack the opponents QB. Osi is really not doing any thing at that position except let running backs run around him. Im an Osi fan but for all the stress over a new contract, he surely has not done any thing to earn it. JPP to right defensive end will cause some match up problem for offensive line men and allow the rest of the line to help get to the QB. What you think???
    IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL, THEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG FOR DEBATING WITH ME!!! BAD NEWS

JPP spent almost all of the game at RE.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    JPP spent almost all of the game at RE.
    Yes he did where he proved to be an equal opportunity under performer. The entire DL has to kick it up not one but two full notches in intensity. (I might give Linval a pass)
    No one remembers who came in second.

Tuck always plays LE and JPP always plays RE, except for a few plays and when they Nascar...

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Tuck always plays LE and JPP always plays RE, except for a few plays and when they Nascar...
    In this past Browns game but if you look at the previous games this season Osi has been on the right side. I like Osi and Im a big fan of Osi but as a defensive end, your primary job is out-side containment, then run, then sacks. For the past few weeks I watched running backs and QB's run right around Osi. I dont even think its the scheme that the problem with this defensive line. I believe its the attitude of this defensive line. Some say it our lack of inside pressure... Well QBs and running backs are running to the edge so the inside pressure doesnt make a difference. .
    IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL, THEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG FOR DEBATING WITH ME!!! BAD NEWS

Or line them up on the same side and Tuck and Kiwi on the other side and attack!!! Constantly move them around. Another issue is that the DT's are not getting a good push!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Or line them up on the same side and Tuck and Kiwi on the other side and attack!!! Constantly move them around. Another issue is that the DT's are not getting a good push!!!
    That's not the issue at all. Linval Joseph is a beast and has been getting tremendous push all year. Bernard was getting good push also. I'd say DT is more of a strength than a weakness. Once Canty is back the other team's pocket will start collapsing a whole lot.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think what he is saying is that JPP is a better pass rusher from the right side. On second and long or 3rd downs, (more obvious passing downs), JPP goes to the left end and Osi comes in at the right side. That didn't happen when Osi was out. Thats when JPP got all his pressure. I agree. At this point in their careers, move Osi if you want to use him. JPP is more effective from the right side than Osi is.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 10-09-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: typo

That only happens sometimes, JPP played plenty of pass rush snaps at RE too. Fact is, Joe Thomas beat the snot out of JPP all game.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    That only happens sometimes, JPP played plenty of pass rush snaps at RE too. Fact is, Joe Thomas beat the snot out of JPP all game.
    In this game, I'll give that to you. Thats an all-pro against a kid still learning the game. I would still give JPP the nod over Osi at this point.