+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes on the defensive line that we need to make!!!

Bench Player

Changes on the defensive line that we need to make!!!

JPP had 16.5 sacks before Osi came back last season. From the time Osi returned till the end of the season, JPP only had 1.5 sacks. In my opinion, put JPP back at the right side defensive end position and let him attack the Qb's blind side. This put JPP in the best possible position to attack the opponents QB. Osi is really not doing any thing at that position except let running backs run around him. Im an Osi fan but for all the stress over a new contract, he surely has not done any thing to earn it. JPP to right defensive end will cause some match up problem for offensive line men and allow the rest of the line to help get to the QB. What you think???
    IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL, THEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG FOR DEBATING WITH ME!!! BAD NEWS

JPP spent almost all of the game at RE.

Tuck always plays LE and JPP always plays RE, except for a few plays and when they Nascar...

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think what he is saying is that JPP is a better pass rusher from the right side. On second and long or 3rd downs, (more obvious passing downs), JPP goes to the left end and Osi comes in at the right side. That didn't happen when Osi was out. Thats when JPP got all his pressure. I agree. At this point in their careers, move Osi if you want to use him. JPP is more effective from the right side than Osi is.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 10-09-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo

That only happens sometimes, JPP played plenty of pass rush snaps at RE too. Fact is, Joe Thomas beat the snot out of JPP all game.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    That only happens sometimes, JPP played plenty of pass rush snaps at RE too. Fact is, Joe Thomas beat the snot out of JPP all game.
    In this game, I'll give that to you. Thats an all-pro against a kid still learning the game. I would still give JPP the nod over Osi at this point.

I don't even think it matters where they are aligned at this point. Osi and Tuck are just not winning their 1v1 battles enough if at all. JPP is doing all he can considering all the extra attention he is getting. I'm starting to wonder if Canty was even more valuable to the d-line than I thought. Also....where the hell is Marvin Austin? How does Kuhn get a start ahead of him?

If this was true i woulda been ok with it since Thomas is a 5 time Pro Bowler and probably the best in the business. But Clevelands rookie backup flattened him a couple times as well.
    JPP is still doing well against the run and is still blocking passes. JPP just isnt getting to the QB.
    I dont what this lines problem is.
    Is the scheme...offenses adjusting...or they they got lazy and content in the offseason.
    And say what you want about Osi and his technique...but you can see he is at least trying out there.
    I dont know whats eating at Tuck...but concerned is a bit of an understatement as far as im concerned.
    We may be at the point where Tuck may be assigned to backup or run DE only.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhaze View Post
    Also....where the hell is Marvin Austin?
    2 years removed from playing football, he is not a very good player right now.

2 years removed from playing football, he is not a very good player right now.
    Even still. Former 2nd round pick / 3rd year player gets passed on the depth chart by a rookie 7th rounder from germany.
    Just unacceptable.

+ Reply to Thread