+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes on the defensive line that we need to make!!!

This has nothing to do with Canty. This has to do with Tuck and Osi stinking the joint up. They both should be benched. JPP got the first whooping of his career big deal...Tuck and Osi get whooped on a daily basis.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    JPP spent almost all of the game at RE.
    Yes he did where he proved to be an equal opportunity under performer. The entire DL has to kick it up not one but two full notches in intensity. (I might give Linval a pass)
    No one remembers who came in second.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Tuck always plays LE and JPP always plays RE, except for a few plays and when they Nascar...
    In this past Browns game but if you look at the previous games this season Osi has been on the right side. I like Osi and Im a big fan of Osi but as a defensive end, your primary job is out-side containment, then run, then sacks. For the past few weeks I watched running backs and QB's run right around Osi. I dont even think its the scheme that the problem with this defensive line. I believe its the attitude of this defensive line. Some say it our lack of inside pressure... Well QBs and running backs are running to the edge so the inside pressure doesnt make a difference. .
    IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL, THEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG FOR DEBATING WITH ME!!! BAD NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    This has nothing to do with Canty. This has to do with Tuck and Osi stinking the joint up. They both should be benched. JPP got the first whooping of his career big deal...Tuck and Osi get whooped on a daily basis.
    Tuck is a De and I bet he plays the middle wich is hard to get sacks at. A nice dt who can get pressure up the middle can help. With Canty on the field healthy can be a big threat and Tuck can come in untouched to get at the qb.

"D" Just get the job done.............You Guys are PROS, you know what you have to do ! Just do me one favor Sack Smith a few times ! And keep an extra eye on VD, It's one VD you will want to catch ! GOOD LUCK G-Men ! See YOU Sunday !

Tuck and Osi are the problem. Tuck is actually the one playing like an out of shape ballerina who doesn't care about football at all. Osi is making it his mission to over pursue every play the offense runs. Rolle was right to call Tuck out last year, it actually got his *** in motion. He needs to do it again, because right now they're just two lumps of wasted whiney talent. JPP and Linval Joseph are playing out of their minds however. Once we get Canty back our tackle spot might actually be stronger than our DE.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Pretty much this. Joe Thomas is the best left tackle in the league. JPP wasn't on his game. Not a big deal. If we had Tuck and Osi going we still would've created a ton of pressure.

The "great" JPP has a total of 2 sacks in his last 9 games...

Playing well or not, he needs to play better.

Or line them up on the same side and Tuck and Kiwi on the other side and attack!!! Constantly move them around. Another issue is that the DT's are not getting a good push!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Or line them up on the same side and Tuck and Kiwi on the other side and attack!!! Constantly move them around. Another issue is that the DT's are not getting a good push!!!
    That's not the issue at all. Linval Joseph is a beast and has been getting tremendous push all year. Bernard was getting good push also. I'd say DT is more of a strength than a weakness. Once Canty is back the other team's pocket will start collapsing a whole lot.

I'm waiting for Adrian Tracy to fill the role that Tolleson filled- he looked great on Kickoff coverages. Pretty quick at DE at end of the game last week. The Defensive line needs to be a little less predictable- tweaking a few pieces might really help. We know these guys have the talent.

+ Reply to Thread