+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 49ers felt the Giants were too loud in the locker room after NFCC game?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    i know the weather sucked but it was so quite sunday atleast on tv it was i thought i was watching golf and some goofy guy was holding a sign saying "quiet please"
    No home field advantage at all. very quite place.
    But the design is horrible for the fans. Not enough bathrooms first of all. Secondly, its impossible to get to the 300 section. Takes forever. Got to the turnstiles in plenty of time and it was 7-0, and Cleveland had the ball again before we sat down.
    Plus the place is plain ugly.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    what on earth is that little corner there? Like a free-to-watch corner of the stadium? It can't be because we all know how that would turn out. But it sure looks like it
    Trying to replicate (in my best Papa) "The Swirling Winds of Giants Stadium" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No home field advantage at all. very quite place.
    But the design is horrible for the fans. Not enough bathrooms first of all. Secondly, its impossible to get to the 300 section. Takes forever. Got to the turnstiles in plenty of time and it was 7-0, and Cleveland had the ball again before we sat down.
    Plus the place is plain ugly.
    Wow, complain much? It is NOT difficult to get to the 300 sections, not whatsoever. There are sets of express staircases that go directly to the 300 level, but obviously you weren't keeping your eyes open for them. Bathrooms are NO different than they were at Giants stadium and the exact same as they are at the Linc in Philly (worked security there for years in college). Its really not hard to look up the layout of the stadium online.

Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Wow, complain much? It is NOT difficult to get to the 300 sections, not whatsoever. There are sets of express staircases that go directly to the 300 level, but obviously you weren't keeping your eyes open for them. Bathrooms are NO different than they were at Giants stadium and the exact same as they are at the Linc in Philly (worked security there for years in college). Its really not hard to look up the layout of the stadium online.
    Agreed the stadium isn't half as bad as he thinks and I had no problem getting to the bathroom... it's definitely better then the old stadium I can tell you that.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Dude you'd have to dig as low as SHEA to find a place as big of a dump as Candlestick
    Shea was much better than Citi field. I hate Citi Field

You can't be freaking serious. LMFAO!!!

They just won the NFC Championship...They were going to the Super Bowl, should they act like they were in a library?

Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Where are these express staircases? I haven't seen them. And I went to this weeks game with people who go to several games per year and they complain about the same thing I did.
    The old stadium had the spirals that went straight to the 300 level. If you are talking about the stairways on the 50 yard line, they are very tough to get to.

And its not complaining. the first year I went, we were in sec. 144 so it was a breeze to get to. But the last two times were in 300 sections, (this time 346) and it was very difficult.
    I just don't like the place. I love going but once per year is plenty for me.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/6

The video embedded on that, around the 2:30 mark it is mentioned.

I'll give them some slack since they haven't been to the playoffs in such a long time, most of the players on their team are unfamiliar with the atmosphere, and at the time they had not experienced a loss in the playoffs in which the next door locker room will be filled with joy.

Apparently the sounds of us celebrating really bothered them.
    Whitner needs to grow up. When a team wins their conference championship they've earned the right to celebrate. If the celebration is too loud because the lockers are really close to each other then get two cotton balls and plug your ears.

I'm sure if they had won & were going to the SB, the Giants would have had to suffer hearing their HC's stupidly annoying " Who's got it better than we do" slogan. I wish the Giants had yelled that out to stick it to him!

+ Reply to Thread