+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw says Hakeem Nicks gave "hint" that he will play Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah I don't get that either. Now if someone said injury prone unfortunately he is that. Soft? I think it's because of his physical style of play he ends up getting these injuries.
    He played on a bad foot and then the knee issue arose. It's a violent sport, players get hurt, and sometimes they have to take time off to heal up. I don'[t see anything unusual in Nicks' situation
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What does "soft" really mean?
    Your gonna have to ask George Atkinson that one.
    He defined Lynn Swan as soft.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Your gonna have to ask George Atkinson that one.
    He defined Lynn Swan as soft.
    And if Nicks played before he should it would be "what a jerk."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

My interpretation of soft has always been he gets injured very very easily, doesn't heal as quick as most of the other guys on the roster and is handled to lightly.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

soft, schmoft, the guy is injured. geez

soft my ***. This Hakeem Nicks is a warrior and you should be dang proud hes fighting on our side.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Denaliman316 View Post
    Nicks is soft but it's not his fault, The Giants are soft on their players. I understand they want to play it safe but they are to safe in my opinion.Other teams let their players risk it if they want to. I mean Logan Mankins played a whole season with a torn ACL.

Lack of Nicks was the reason we lost to Philly in my opinion. Just use him as a decoy.
    Soft, really?!? You and I must be watching two very different games, because there is nothing "soft" about the way the Nicks plays the game.

This is a team that thinks "deep playoff run" and for good reason. Why rush him back NOW when his backups have filled in so admirably and risk him potentially being OUT late in the season?

I love Nicks don't get me wrong but I am just frustrated with the whole situation, it just seems like its the same situation with us every year and I see other teams get hurt but their guys seem to never be out very long. In 2010 it was Smith first then Nicks at crucial stretches.

Sorry I guess I am still pissed at the Eagles game that we had won until a bad play call. If Nicks was there we probably wouldn't have needed a FG or even a TD to win. Barden is doing good as is Randle and of course Hixon and Cruz we don't have to worry about but Nicks just completes our offense in crucial games.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What does "soft" really mean?
    Thoughtful
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread