+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Martinek added to Giants' Practice Squad

2nd biggest move of the year ... 1st was when we invited him to camp
    Apologize to Melo 5

Only 2 possible reasons to bring this kid back:
    Special teams help (not sure why) and/or A Brown is more hurt then Giants are letting on.
    My bet is A Brown is done for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    I was surprised he was waived. I'm equally surprised they brought him back. He's too small to play TE or FB. I guess if Danny Woodhead can have an NFL career as a RB Jersey Joe can.
    Can this be a writing on the wall that Andre Brown is more banged up than we all think ? More than a concussion ?

here we go with guys suddenly being put on IR by the fans for nothing serious. he had a concussion...remember, they added him to the PS not active roster. he very well could be brought in for scout team reasons to simulate gore/k.hunter as others have suggested.
    that would really suck if brown had to go on ir, but i seriously seriously doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    here we go with guys suddenly being put on IR by the fans for nothing serious. he had a concussion...remember, they added him to the PS not active roster. he very well could be brought in for scout team reasons to simulate gore/k.hunter as others have suggested.
    that would really suck if brown had to go on ir, but i seriously seriously doubt it
    LOL! i'm just putting the question out there bro. That been said there's a lot of stuff coaches and medical staff don't tell about the status of players injuries. I guess you are right about Brown's concussion and hope he comes back 100 %, that been said this kind of injuries are tricky and can linger .

i didnt mean to make it seem like i was singling you out. sorry if came across that way

Yawnnnnn, don't remember PS additions being such a big thing. He's a Jersey boy I guess.....

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I like Martinek, was high on him being undrafted and all. I think he can be an effective player. Put him at RB, FB, TE depending on the play. Hes a huge guy who can run, and a versatile blocker for pulling, etc. I think his biggest asset is as a larger RB though, he could protect well assuming he knows the assignments and is extremely fast for his size.
    "Huge guy"?.....he's not huge. "extremely fast"?

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Only 2 possible reasons to bring this kid back:
    Special teams help (not sure why) and/or A Brown is more hurt then Giants are letting on.
    My bet is A Brown is done for the year.
    How is he going to help on ST's from the practice squad?

I'm guessing he was brought in to play Frank Gore on the scout team as well... Wilson used to do that (he played the role of ****ty McCoy in week 3, and Trent in week 4), but I have a feeling that Wilson will now be used in our offense more, so we needed a guy like that to emulate SF's RBs.

My question is, if Andre Brown clears physicals, would he be used to emulate Brandon Jacobs?

+ Reply to Thread