+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bench Player

Why the Niners will win; Matchups, thoughts, projections

Hey Giant fans, here is why the Niners should win. Would love to hear your responses, I will keep the smack talk out of it.

1. We are at home, I know you guys are a good road team, but believe me the team, coaches and fans have been waiting for this game since the schedule came out. Advantage Niners.

2. Our Oline is dominating. We have one of if not the best O lines in football. Physical Smash Mouth players. All are young but experienced playing together. Our new right guard is a huge upgrade over last year. Your D line has dissappointed. Not getting pressure as before. Advantage Niners.

3. QB. Smith leads league in rating and QBR. Great record at home. Found the deep ball. Come from behind wins. Better uniform. Ok, I give up, would take Eli here hands down. Advantage Giants.

4. RB. With injuries to your backs, I lean towards the Niners, but your guy had a monster game last week. Advatage: Push

5. WR. Again, health is an issue for you guys. If you are 100% healthy, it is Giants all the way, but right now...this game, the way we use Moss as a decoy (always draws the safety) and the way our receivers have stepped up, Advantage Niners. (I will prob lose this arguement) lol

6. D line. Advantage Niners. No question. Every team tries to stop our run, and for the most part fails. We stop the run.

7. Line Backers Advantage Niners. No question

8. Secondary. I think the way our secondary is playing, we are better...however you have Eli, and he does some crazy sh** when he needs to. Advantage Push

9. Special teams. I would say we have a huge advantage here. Forget the Williams crap, overall we are better, except in punt/kickoff return coverage. We have a serious hole there. Advantage Push

I am sure there are more things to talk about, but I think being at home, health of the two teams, the revenge thing that will play into this game, we will win. It will not be a blow out, but the Niners should win.

Thanks . . . . no need to watch the game then I guess.

i think its more about sf offense vs giants offense than it is anything else. which offense will have more success? i personally believe that having eli gives us the advantage. ur d was plenty awesome last year, and u were getting more pressure than any team i can recall with the 20 something hits on eli and 6 sacks. both games really u guys gave eli a hurting but it didnt matter, he still overcame it and had tremendous game. eli is somehow playing at the same level or even higher level...i just think the eli vs smith matchup favors us strongly and it will be why we win

Overall I think the advantage goes to the 9ers here in this game. Without breaking down position by position, it seems to me the 9ers are just as good, if not better than they were last year, where the Giants have seemed to take a notable step down from where they were in the playoffs because of the uninspiring defense thus far. And I think the 9ers are a much hungrier team.

I think the 9ers win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Overall I think the advantage goes to the 9ers here in this game. Without breaking down position by position, it seems to me the 9ers are just as good, if not better than they were last year, where the Giants have seemed to take a notable step down from where they were in the playoffs because of the uninspiring defense thus far. And I think the 9ers are a much hungrier team.I think the 9ers win this one.
    i think you better worry about the Ravens
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Overall I think the advantage goes to the 9ers here in this game. Without breaking down position by position, it seems to me the 9ers are just as good, if not better than they were last year, where the Giants have seemed to take a notable step down from where they were in the playoffs because of the uninspiring defense thus far. And I think the 9ers are a much hungrier team.

That's pretty much where I am as well.

I frankly don't understand what seems to be a prevalent attitude amongst many 49ers that they should be crowned for simply improving from laughing stock. Plenty of teams have done that.

I think it's an impressive feat to have re-tooled the organization, found a very good HC and changed the overall attitude and swagger of the team to the point where it has been a winning franchise for the past few years and will likely be one for years to come.

All good things but that's all. Maybe it's a better idea talk after you've won something. Not that that means you should be talking trash but at least under those circumstances it could be understood.

When has your opinion mattered on these boards?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    When has your opinion mattered on these boards?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. Not that NT needs me to defend him - he certainly does not - but this seems a bit unnecessary. I respect his opinion.

He's always comported himself as an adult and with decorum as far as I've seen and is certainly not a brainless homer. HIs opinions are generally well thought out and usually presented in an even handed way and I think these boards are better because he posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. Not that NT needs me to defend him - he certainly does not - but this seems a bit unnecessary. I respect his opinion.

He's always comported himself as an adult and with decorum as far as I've seen and is certainly not a brainless homer. HIs opinions are generally well thought out and usually presented in an even handed way and I think these boards are better because he posts here.
    Do you condone his statement that the 49ers are hungrier then the Giants?

Giants fan since the early 80s

well.....to simplify. The Niners D is better than the Giants D. The Giants O is better then the Niners O. Special teams I dont know enough about the Niners but the Giants have been better on the return game and is solid with their kickers. The coverage can be spotty though.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch