Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why the Niners will win; Matchups, thoughts, projections

Banned
    go niners!!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    go niners!!
    Go Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    Hey Giant fans, here is why the Niners should win. Would love to hear your responses, I will keep the smack talk out of it.

1. We are at home, I know you guys are a good road team, but believe me the team, coaches and fans have been waiting for this game since the schedule came out. Advantage Niners.

2. Our Oline is dominating. We have one of if not the best O lines in football. Physical Smash Mouth players. All are young but experienced playing together. Our new right guard is a huge upgrade over last year. Your D line has dissappointed. Not getting pressure as before. Advantage Niners.

3. QB. Smith leads league in rating and QBR. Great record at home. Found the deep ball. Come from behind wins. Better uniform. Ok, I give up, would take Eli here hands down. Advantage Giants.

4. RB. With injuries to your backs, I lean towards the Niners, but your guy had a monster game last week. Advatage: Push

5. WR. Again, health is an issue for you guys. If you are 100% healthy, it is Giants all the way, but right now...this game, the way we use Moss as a decoy (always draws the safety) and the way our receivers have stepped up, Advantage Niners. (I will prob lose this arguement) lol

6. D line. Advantage Niners. No question. Every team tries to stop our run, and for the most part fails. We stop the run.

7. Line Backers Advantage Niners. No question

8. Secondary. I think the way our secondary is playing, we are better...however you have Eli, and he does some crazy sh** when he needs to. Advantage Push

9. Special teams. I would say we have a huge advantage here. Forget the Williams crap, overall we are better, except in punt/kickoff return coverage. We have a serious hole there. Advantage Push

I am sure there are more things to talk about, but I think being at home, health of the two teams, the revenge thing that will play into this game, we will win. It will not be a blow out, but the Niners should win.
    i've only read the original post in this thread but i imagine there are some guys giving you a hard time.

you were WAY more humble than you needed to be in that assessment.

you've got the advantage in the secondary as well as the running game.

you're the favorites in this game, just like last year, we're the underdogs. No question.

Anyone trying to explain away a different fav/underdog scenario than that is trying to make themselves feel better.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i've only read the original post in this thread but i imagine there are some guys giving you a hard time.

you were WAY more humble than you needed to be in that assessment.

you've got the advantage in the secondary as well as the running game.

you're the favorites in this game, just like last year, we're the underdogs. No question.

Anyone trying to explain away a different fav/underdog scenario than that is trying to make themselves feel better.
    The only one giving me a hard time was you in the other post. I promised to keep smack out of this post, and I will. Tried to post it in your main forum but it got pushed to smack talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    4. Nicks and Cruz, even if Nicks doesn't play I still say we have the better wr's Hixon would be a number 1 on a lot of teams and Barden is coming back.We also has Bennett and he better then what we had last year.
    You mean a number 2? Otherwise, I think you're really undervaluing a lot of guys in this league. The rest of the post is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You mean a number 2? Otherwise, I think you're really undervaluing a lot of guys in this league. The rest of the post is very good.
    Yeah maybe so but I was hard on Hixon saying he wasn't that good so I gotta give him some kind of love cause he has filled in nicely.

The only one giving me a hard time was you in the other post. I promised to keep smack out of this post, and I will. Tried to post it in your main forum but it got pushed to smack talk.
    well your other post didn't make any sense.i've had horrible run ins with fans from your city CONVINCED that the loss last year was pure 110% luck. Like the universe conspired to rob SF of what was obviously theirs by rite.

As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily.

Unbeatable? no team is. but i'm not a ****. We've got a 3 in 10 chance of beating you, as is, next week.

if we get a bunch of banged up guys back, we have a better shot, but under no circumstances have i seen anything from the giants this year that says their better than the 49ers.

but the season is still young.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    well your other post didn't make any sense.i've had horrible run ins with fans from your city CONVINCED that the loss last year was pure 110% luck. Like the universe conspired to rob SF of what was obviously theirs by rite.

As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily.

Unbeatable? no team is. but i'm not a ****. We've got a 3 in 10 chance of beating you, as is, next week.

if we get a bunch of banged up guys back, we have a better shot, but under no circumstances have i seen anything from the giants this year that says their better than the 49ers.

but the season is still young.
    Fans who called it luck were overacting and wrong, acting out of emotion. We lost for reasons well stated in many threads.

Fans who called it luck were overacting and wrong, acting out of emotion. We lost for reasons well stated in many threads.
    and giants fans who say we're the better team right now are being blinded by loyalty.

49ers look more than awesome right now.

Whats your problem pal? Why dont you get to Modells and get yourself a 49rs SB Sweatshirt for Sunday.......or right
    they have not won any for 16 years......might be out of stock

The Giants are going to make this a statement game and destroy these fools

+ Reply to Thread