+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why the Niners will win; Matchups, thoughts, projections

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Whats your problem pal? Why dont you get to Modells and get yourself a 49rs SB Sweatshirt for Sunday.......or right
    they have not won any for 16 years......might be out of stock

The Giants are going to make this a statement game and destroy these fools
    Home from school already?
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    Hey Giant fans, here is why the Niners should win. Would love to hear your responses, I will keep the smack talk out of it.

1. We are at home, I know you guys are a good road team, but believe me the team, coaches and fans have been waiting for this game since the schedule came out. Advantage Niners.

2. Our Oline is dominating. We have one of if not the best O lines in football. Physical Smash Mouth players. All are young but experienced playing together. Our new right guard is a huge upgrade over last year. Your D line has dissappointed. Not getting pressure as before. Advantage Niners.

3. QB. Smith leads league in rating and QBR. Great record at home. Found the deep ball. Come from behind wins. Better uniform. Ok, I give up, would take Eli here hands down. Advantage Giants.

4. RB. With injuries to your backs, I lean towards the Niners, but your guy had a monster game last week. Advatage: Push

5. WR. Again, health is an issue for you guys. If you are 100% healthy, it is Giants all the way, but right now...this game, the way we use Moss as a decoy (always draws the safety) and the way our receivers have stepped up, Advantage Niners. (I will prob lose this arguement) lol

6. D line. Advantage Niners. No question. Every team tries to stop our run, and for the most part fails. We stop the run.

7. Line Backers Advantage Niners. No question

8. Secondary. I think the way our secondary is playing, we are better...however you have Eli, and he does some crazy sh** when he needs to. Advantage Push

9. Special teams. I would say we have a huge advantage here. Forget the Williams crap, overall we are better, except in punt/kickoff return coverage. We have a serious hole there. Advantage Push

I am sure there are more things to talk about, but I think being at home, health of the two teams, the revenge thing that will play into this game, we will win. It will not be a blow out, but the Niners should win.
    QBs win in the NFL these days, and even you admit you have few other advantages.......you will have to get a lot of balls bouncing your way and favorable calls to even be in this game at the end

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    and giants fans who say we're the better team right now are being blinded by loyalty.

49ers look more than awesome right now.
    WOW 16,000 posts and you have not learned a thing about this team.......good grief
    DO you have a Joe Montana poster on your wall or something?

Veteran
    I'll agree with all the matchups except:

Running game--You guys clearly, clearly have the better running game. Even with our sudden surge from AB (and let's be honest, he's playing for his job so he's motivated) I still give you guys the edge because you have been using the running game on a consistant basis and my fantasy team thanks you (but not this week!) Advantage 49ers.

Wide Receivers--Come on home boy, not even close. Advantage Giants.

Special Teams--We have improved here. We have improved a lot. You guys have the kicker, but we have punter. You guys have done a better job returning, but with Wilson emerging the last couple of games it seems we have found a good one too. Where we edge you guys is in our coverage. Our coverage has been amazing. In fact, I believe we are #1 in the league. Advantage Giants.

There is no way the 49rs win........short of using grenades

I don't think that is allowed though

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post

Running game--You guys clearly, clearly have the better running game. Even with our sudden surge from AB (and let's be honest, he's playing for his job so he's motivated) I still give you guys the edge because you have been using the running game on a consistant basis and my fantasy team thanks you (but not this week!) Advantage 49ers.

Special Teams--We have improved here. We have improved a lot. You guys have the kicker, but we have punter. You guys have done a better job returning, but with Wilson emerging the last couple of games it seems we have found a good one too. Where we edge you guys is in our coverage. Our coverage has been amazing. In fact, I believe we are #1 in the league. Advantage Giants.
    Great response....I agree, if you guys are 100% healthy at WR, Giants have the advantage. We will see come Sunday how health you are. My only arguement with what you said is punter...yes punter. We have the advantage here by far. Andy Lee is the best punter in the NFL.

Our trouble with Special Teams this year is coverage...we are terrible. 30 and 31 in kickoff and punt coverage....
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Overall I think the advantage goes to the 9ers here in this game. Without breaking down position by position, it seems to me the 9ers are just as good, if not better than they were last year, where the Giants have seemed to take a notable step down from where they were in the playoffs because of the uninspiring defense thus far. And I think the 9ers are a much hungrier team.I think the 9ers win this one.
    i think you better worry about the Ravens
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post

I will agree with this, and I'll just add that if there is bad weather, I think you are the better *bad* weather team, but not by much. The 49ers have a good ground game, a good run game is always a good all weather offense. Weather in your area can get atrociously bad, and you are used to it, so I think your passing game is stronger in bad weather. Where I think the game will turn, is the pass rush. Clearly the Giants would rather have Alex beat them than Gore and company, so if the pass rush is not there, Giants are in for a long day.

Giedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Go Ravens
    Hahaha, The Ravens are going to eat Romo's lunch. Romo's going to have two to three turnovers and I am going to laugh my arse off reading Cowboy fans saying that Romo should leave Dallas so he can win a superbowl for another team! Dallas fans are definitely fully as hell when they think the sky is falling!

Ravens are Ordinary

+ Reply to Thread