+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    Hey Giant fans, here is why the Niners should win. Would love to hear your responses, I will keep the smack talk out of it.

1. We are at home, I know you guys are a good road team, but believe me the team, coaches and fans have been waiting for this game since the schedule came out. Advantage Niners.

2. Our Oline is dominating. We have one of if not the best O lines in football. Physical Smash Mouth players. All are young but experienced playing together. Our new right guard is a huge upgrade over last year. Your D line has dissappointed. Not getting pressure as before. Advantage Niners.

3. QB. Smith leads league in rating and QBR. Great record at home. Found the deep ball. Come from behind wins. Better uniform. Ok, I give up, would take Eli here hands down. Advantage Giants.

4. RB. With injuries to your backs, I lean towards the Niners, but your guy had a monster game last week. Advatage: Push

5. WR. Again, health is an issue for you guys. If you are 100% healthy, it is Giants all the way, but right now...this game, the way we use Moss as a decoy (always draws the safety) and the way our receivers have stepped up, Advantage Niners. (I will prob lose this arguement) lol

6. D line. Advantage Niners. No question. Every team tries to stop our run, and for the most part fails. We stop the run.

7. Line Backers Advantage Niners. No question

8. Secondary. I think the way our secondary is playing, we are better...however you have Eli, and he does some crazy sh** when he needs to. Advantage Push

9. Special teams. I would say we have a huge advantage here. Forget the Williams crap, overall we are better, except in punt/kickoff return coverage. We have a serious hole there. Advantage Push

I am sure there are more things to talk about, but I think being at home, health of the two teams, the revenge thing that will play into this game, we will win. It will not be a blow out, but the Niners should win.
    1) Home feild advantage worth almost nothing against the Giants.
    2) Smash mouth football doesn't work well against the Giants. Giants have a much harder time defending against shifty fast runningbacks.
    3) Smith will lose if he is trying to play catchup while Manning can still win.
    4) Our running game is starting to heat up.
    5) We have an advantage at WR even without Nicks
    6) Your D-line hasn't been getting to the QB which spells doom against MAnning.
    7) Agree Lbs advantage 49rs.
    8) Giants secondary is playiing better and starting to get healthy
    9) Giants Special teams is improved
    10) Agree Giants health is a disadvantage for the Gmen.

In conclusion, I am not even saying a Giants win is a sure thing but I would say its like 50/50. If the Gmen jump out to an early lead, I say it goes to 75 / 25.

Your Pass rush STINKS....forgot to mention that

If you do not get to Eli, head to your car at halftime.......you will wind up in a very hostile crowd if your team gets BLOWN OUT

It will get real ugly and real silent there

How will you stop our run?.......our passing game is so good you cannot sit on the run........draws and screens will kill you

you are playing the World Champions.......no shame in losing to us

your big point is REVENGE........I understand you guys are frustrated but if your players play that way they will make mistakes, and over persue

Again Eli lives for that........he will hard count you all day long and pass you silly

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Overall I think the advantage goes to the 9ers here in this game. Without breaking down position by position, it seems to me the 9ers are just as good, if not better than they were last year, where the Giants have seemed to take a notable step down from where they were in the playoffs because of the uninspiring defense thus far. And I think the 9ers are a much hungrier team.

I think the 9ers win this one.

That's pretty much where I am as well.

I frankly don't understand what seems to be a prevalent attitude amongst many 49ers that they should be crowned for simply improving from laughing stock. Plenty of teams have done that.

I think it's an impressive feat to have re-tooled the organization, found a very good HC and changed the overall attitude and swagger of the team to the point where it has been a winning franchise for the past few years and will likely be one for years to come.

All good things but that's all. Maybe it's a better idea talk after you've won something. Not that that means you should be talking trash but at least under those circumstances it could be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Overall I think the advantage goes to the 9ers here in this game. Without breaking down position by position, it seems to me the 9ers are just as good, if not better than they were last year, where the Giants have seemed to take a notable step down from where they were in the playoffs because of the uninspiring defense thus far. And I think the 9ers are a much hungrier team.

I think the 9ers win this one.
    When has your opinion mattered on these boards?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    When has your opinion mattered on these boards?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. Not that NT needs me to defend him - he certainly does not - but this seems a bit unnecessary. I respect his opinion.

He's always comported himself as an adult and with decorum as far as I've seen and is certainly not a brainless homer. HIs opinions are generally well thought out and usually presented in an even handed way and I think these boards are better because he posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. Not that NT needs me to defend him - he certainly does not - but this seems a bit unnecessary. I respect his opinion.

He's always comported himself as an adult and with decorum as far as I've seen and is certainly not a brainless homer. HIs opinions are generally well thought out and usually presented in an even handed way and I think these boards are better because he posts here.
    Do you condone his statement that the 49ers are hungrier then the Giants?

Giants fan since the early 80s

I think the Niners have the advantage of

A. being at home.
    B. the "revenge" factor.
    C. they have quite a few giants from last year.

Without even getting to the X's, O's, matchups and what have you, the Niners have a glaring advantage where they should squeak out a victory much like they did in the regular season last year against the Giants.

That said I think we can expect a pretty good game an when it's all said and done I think Eli has a HUGE 4th quarter and the Giants will take this one.

I expect that after this game - the Giants are moved BACK up to #1 in the NFC and given their rightful respect as champs and the whole Niners/Giants NFC Title Rematch [or playoff rematch] talk kicks up for a while again.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Do you condone his statement that the 49ers are hungrier then the Giants?

We'd have to define hungrier.

I do think this game means much, much more to the 49ers than it does to the Giants. The niners organization has been talking about this game from the moment the schedules came out. To the Giants it's just another regular season game.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    We'd have to define hungrier.

I do think this game means much, much more to the 49ers than it does to the Giants. The niners organization has been talking about this game from the moment the schedules came out. To the Giants it's just another regular season game.

I agree, the niners are much more hungry for this game. If the championship game had gone the other way, i am sure the giants would be hungrier as well. Dont think for a second they did not circle the calendar for this game.

Now here is the kicker.....harbaugh needed to find something to talk about for this game, winning 79-3 the last 2 weeks will do that. Something to fire this team up. His quote "nothings wrong, except that nothings wrong" is classic.

So, here comes you OC calling out Justin Smith...you know, the guy who was first ballot pro bowl last year for De AND DT! That is just what our D needed. Look for a Monster game from our front 4. Wrong guy to piss off, thats for sure.

On a side note, i was banned from your site for posting the first article on this Harbaugh-Gilbride situation in TAGF board. I did not talk smack, just posted the article. After emailing with your admin, they let me back. Props to them for letting me back, especially since it is being talked about there. I will stay on smack board, even though i dont talk too much smack

Cant wait till Sunday !!!!!!!
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    I agree, the niners are much more hungry for this game. If the championship game had gone the other way, i am sure the giants would be hungrier as well. Dont think for a second they did not circle the calendar for this game.

Now here is the kicker.....harbaugh needed to find something to talk about for this game, winning 79-3 the last 2 weeks will do that. Something to fire this team up. His quote "nothings wrong, except that nothings wrong" is classic.

So, here comes you OC calling out Justin Smith...you know, the guy who was first ballot pro bowl last year for De AND DT! That is just what our D needed. Look for a Monster game from our front 4. Wrong guy to piss off, thats for sure.

On a side note, i was banned from your site for posting the first article on this Harbaugh-Gilbride situation in TAGF board. I did not talk smack, just posted the article. After emailing with your admin, they let me back. Props to them for letting me back, especially since it is being talked about there. I will stay on smack board, even though i dont talk too much smack

Cant wait till Sunday !!!!!!!

I didn't have a problem with Gilbride's statement, everybody knows the officials never call holding on defensive linemen. I also don't worry - nor do I think does anyone directly involved in the game - about getting a player fired up over a comment. I doubt Smith needs that as motivation. I'd be more worried if he did.

I did think Harbaugh's response was pretty funny though.