+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: I will consider it a success if we keep it within 20 of the Niners

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    So now Kyle Williams also cost you the super bowl? Man, you must hate that guy.
    I wasn't happy with him after the NFCCG. Now, however, all is forgiven.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Not sure if yoy know this, but we play better on the road, just saying.
    Well, ok. And you might want to consider that the last time we were beaten at home (and then by only 3 points) in a regular season game was September, 2011. Just saying. But who knows, the streak will have to end eventually. Maybe you will be the team to do it. Not likely, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Montana View Post
    Well, ok. And you might want to consider that the last time we were beaten at home (and then by only 3 points) in a regular season game was September, 2011. Just saying. But who knows, the streak will have to end eventually. Maybe you will be the team to do it. Not likely, but you never know.
    I believe NE had a steak going as well last year, they were almost never beaten at home until..yeah you know. Not saying we are going to win, but don't be shocked.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    I wasn't happy with him after the NFCCG. Now, however, all is forgiven.
    Yeah, you missed the point.

This whole assumption that Kyle Williams lost the game for you, or that you "gave" us the game is so asinine that it's borderline hilarious.

Last I checked he was stripped of the football by a team that was clearly going for the ball and recovered. You guys act like it happened as he was cruising into the end zone on our 1 yard line or something, or that you clearly would have won the game (and apparently obviously the super bowl too) even if it didn't happen. If memory serves me correct at that point in the game it had been about an hour since your offense had been able to do anything effective against us.

Like I said earlier, I'm not quite sure where your fan base gets this inflated sense of dominance over everybody. Really where does it come from? You've had 2 seasons even worth mentioning in the entire 21st century and both fell short. You were ready to kill your QB 2 years ago in favor for our back up. And lastly, but most importantly -- you have not won the Super Bowl in ages, yet the way you guys talk it seems like you have 5 of them this decade alone.

Truth hurts, the niners are a real good team that could go all the way but it hasn't happened yet. This whole "we never lose we beat ourselves" crap is nothing more than sour grapes.

You guys seem fine with talking the talk before you walk the walk.

Knocked us out of the playoffs? Did you see the game? Two special teams **** ups, either one of which not happening would have resulted in a Niners 6th Lombardi. You know it, I know it.

You won the game, I will give you that. But you won it because we gave it to you. You did not take it. Let's be real here.
    You lost the game because your coach told your replacement PR to try to make a big play, whereas our HOF-bound coach told our PR/KR to put a priority on ball security in a big game. If you want to call that "giving it away", ok...but I think most people would say the Giants played a smarter game due to better coaching...

Oh...and when you lose a play-off game, you are "knocked out of the playoffs"...

Lol. I'm not "crying and complaining" about. Just trying to live in the real world. You barely won that game. It was not a blow out.
    The key word here is "won"...am pretty sure they didn't mark it down as "barely" in the record books...

Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post
    Niners are more talented than us right now,that's how I see the rosters.More team speed at lb and dline by far.I hope we win,but I don't have much confidence on the road vs super hungry team.
    shut up
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Banned
    This is all hearsay and idiocy

We will destroy the 49rs.......Book it

They have one thing- a good Dline........unfortunately for them Eli is no longer getting any grass stains on his pants this year.

Eli will pick them apart............Stevie Brown will Pik Six them apart- Bradshaw and Wilson will run wild

and.............I think Fewell has been hiding his hole card and will finally put 7-8 in the box this week

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    shut up
    /Thread
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Bench Player
    Did anyone notice my comment was to a poster who said that there was a difference between the 49ers beating the Giants and the Giants beating the Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Is it just me or have 49ers and Packers fans quickly become the most annoying bunch of fans in all of football?

I swear these two teams never seem to actually lose. They either 'play flat', or 'gift wrap a loss', or 'beat themselves'. But never do they truly get beaten by a better team in their minds. At least in the packers case it's semi justified since they've been a good team for the better part of the past 20 years. The 49ers have had 2 or 3 seasons even worth mentioning since the millennium and they act like they're 21st century was that of the Patriots or Giants.

Not to mention that these morons think Alex Smith is the next coming of Joe Montana. Yeah, the same Alex Smith that only 2 years ago was booed off your own field only to have 70,000 people chant for our current backup to be put in instead.

Alex Smith = 2009 Mark Sanchez.

Good luck though niners. Not sure where you guys get off thinking you've actually accomplished anything in recent memory and don't have anything to prove, but in any event is pretty comical to fans of a team that actually does 'walk the walk'.
    You sir, did you notice that I was responding to someone who brought up this notion of teams beating themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    You are a fool. Jacquain Williams made one of the great plays in playoff history when he knocked that ball loose in OT. Give credit where it's due. Williams had one thing in mind as he was running down the field in kick coverage and that was to force a turnover. He didn't go for the tackle which he could have he went directly for the ball and he executed the forced fumble. Nothing to do with gift wrapping anything.
    Sure. What about the muff, which led to a critical touchdown?

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    I'd say that the Giants beat the 49ers with better coaching that day. Coughlin told his KR/PR to place a priority on ball-security, which was very obvious because our KR/PRs that game (especially our PR) pretty much got what they could and then went to the ground with both hands on the ball. Harbaugh made a terrible coaching mistake not telling Williams the same thing...it was even more important that he should have done that since Williams was not the regular returner. Instead, it was obvious that Williams was focused more on making a big play rather than securing the ball. So it's clear to me that the Giants have better coaching than the 49ers...and that was a major factor in the Giants beating the 49ers. If you want to call bad coaching "gift-wrapping the game for them", then yes, the 49ers "gift-wrapped" the game...but from my perspective, the Giants beat the 49ers by playing tough and smart football (and not just tough football)...

Imho, "gift wrapping" a game usually comes in the form of a team not giving it's strongest effort or best focus. I don't think the 49ers lacked in effort or focus in the NFC Championship game.
    Ball security? Like the two picks that Eli would have thrown if the 49ers secondary wasn't so good that TWO players got to the ball simultaneously on both occasions?

In any event, the teams were evenly matched last season. 5 out of 10 times either won would win. While the poster Cowboyssuck disagrees (apparently in his world the Giants are the only team that beats themselves- when any other team loses to the Giants, it's because the Giants beat them), can we all agree that whichever team wins Sunday will do so because they were the better team that day?

Let's just make sure we all are aware that I was responding to the claim that there was a difference between the Giants beating themselves and the 49ers beating them. I did not bring this up, Cowboysucks did.

+ Reply to Thread