+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    I'd say that the Giants beat the 49ers with better coaching that day. Coughlin told his KR/PR to place a priority on ball-security, which was very obvious because our KR/PRs that game (especially our PR) pretty much got what they could and then went to the ground with both hands on the ball. Harbaugh made a terrible coaching mistake not telling Williams the same thing...it was even more important that he should have done that since Williams was not the regular returner. Instead, it was obvious that Williams was focused more on making a big play rather than securing the ball. So it's clear to me that the Giants have better coaching than the 49ers...and that was a major factor in the Giants beating the 49ers. If you want to call bad coaching "gift-wrapping the game for them", then yes, the 49ers "gift-wrapped" the game...but from my perspective, the Giants beat the 49ers by playing tough and smart football (and not just tough football)...

Imho, "gift wrapping" a game usually comes in the form of a team not giving it's strongest effort or best focus. I don't think the 49ers lacked in effort or focus in the NFC Championship game.
    Can't say I disagree. Even the Coach of the Year isn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Whoa..I'm not sure about that. The Niner defense would have eaten Brady alive.
    How do you know that? It's all speculation. Fact is the 49ers didn't make the super bowl. And to assume they would have "eaten Brady alive" is foolish.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Whoa..I'm not sure about that. The Niner defense would have eaten Brady alive.
    If that was the case, then they would have beaten us real bad. I doubt that what you have said is true since the Giants and Pats played a close game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    How do you know that? It's all speculation. Fact is the 49ers didn't make the super bowl. And to assume they would have "eaten Brady alive" is foolish.
    I can tell you this......they sure did not want to play the Giants in the SB........they probalby groaned when we beat he 49rs

Banned
    Mod should this post not be moved to the trash talk section??

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    no it wasnt.....but this one will be.

There will be no more SFO rah rah after Sunday night
    On offense, the Niners and Giants are almost dead even (you are about a half a point ahead of us).

On defense, we are number 1 in the NFL in points allowed. You are number 14.

We are at home, you are away.

Sorry, but this one is a Niners win. Don't expect an admission at this point, but don't pretend you're going to be surprised when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Then to say the Pats beat them by 31 is equally as foolish.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    If that was the case, then they would have beaten us real bad. I doubt that what you have said is true since the Giants and Pats played a close game.
    Except Eli is tougher than Brady..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Montana View Post
    On offense, the Niners and Giants are almost dead even (you are about a half a point ahead of us).

On defense, we are number 1 in the NFL in points allowed. You are number 14.

We are at home, you are away.

Sorry, but this one is a Niners win. Don't expect an admission at this point, but don't pretend you're going to be surprised when it happens.
    Not sure if yoy know this, but we play better on the road, just saying.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Montana View Post
    Knocked us out of the playoffs? Did you see the game? Two special teams **** ups, either one of which not happening would have resulted in a Niners 6th Lombardi. You know it, I know it.
    So now Kyle Williams also cost you the super bowl? Man, you must hate that guy.