+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone been to Fedex field? Looking for Information

Has anyone been to Fedex field? Looking for Information

I'm wanting to attend the Giants/Skins MNF game on 12/3 at FedEx Field. Would it be cheaper for us to park (4 people going) or would it be cheaper for us to take a Metro, and what would be the best option for taking the metro? any help would be appreciated

Me and my dad went to the 2009 MNF game vs. the Skins. We stayed over night and walked from our hotel to the game(about a 30 minute walk). Don't know if you'll be staying but if you do, you can find a hotel close to the stadium and walk. Parking is 20$ at most stadiums so you could park 5 bucks a person. The farther away you park the cheaper it is so you could probally find 10 dollar parking.

I live in the DC area and have been to only a couple of games. I have not taken the metro, but i hear it's a long walk and a long bus ride. If you drive be prepared for a long long ride with a lot of traffic. Also, there is not much parking onsite. Without a parking permit, you will have to park pretty far away and take a bus (not sure how much it cost). I would suggest if you drive to look on craigslist for a parking permit.

Basically, if you listen to most Redskins fans, they hate the overall game day experience and long for going to RFK.

I live in the DC area. When i go to FedEx field i take the metro because after the game you can never get out of the parking lot. The walk from the metro is not that long about 10-15mins. If u can get a parking permit for $20 it would be alittle cheaper because depending on how far your are rinding the metro from determines the amount you pay. Its usually 4 something oneway.

I go to the giants game there every year and never have trouble with traffic. I say park there, I took the metro once and it takes ages to get home from the game like two hours down the orange line

I've been there the last few years. It's a long cold walk if you do the metro. 15 to 25 minutes doesn't sound like much but bad weather can make life difficult. I parked in the cash parking lot and had a great time tailgating with several redskin and giants fans. The earlier the better is the key with traffic. FedEx is a dump but it is nice to hit up different stadiums now and then. Have fun. Overall the redskin fans are very decent. I've never had a problem with any of them. Have a good time.

I try and make this game every year, as the skins fans annoy me least. Parking is pretty cheap around the stadium. I have always driven there without any parking pass.

So why are they selling parking passes for $50+?

Quote Originally Posted by ElIteManning10 View Post
    because it is closer and also because people dont know any better. you can find tons of $10-$30 parking , i think i always pay $20 and its pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by ElIteManning10 View Post
    Like Harooni said, people don't know better. Depending on the stadium, you can park for free. I went to the Thursday Night game vs. Carolina this year and was able to park for free. Only had to walk about 20 minutes to the stadium. Worth it.

+ Reply to Thread