View Poll Results: Should nicks play this sunday?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • he should play this week

34 79.07%
  • We should play it safe and rest him some more

9 20.93%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should nicks play this week?

Veteran
    He's gonna play every game he can, but I know the Giants are being cautious with him because we'll need him more down the stretch.

Yes, he should play. Assuming he is not in danger of worsening the situation. We need him bad this week. He can rest against a pitiful Washington secondary next week if he must. Their secondary is so awful, even Jernigan can torch them. But this week? We need him.

If he thinks he can play and the coaches think he's ready then let him play.
    ​​​

haha, no let's rest him vs. the 49ers ... wow this board never ceases to amaze me
    Apologize to Melo 5

imo, from everything i've been reading up on nicks, he'll be ready for the 9ers game and he should be pretty close to 100%...

i respect the opinion of resting him til the bye week if he has the chance of a setback but disagree with it. iirc, our bye week is week 11? playoffs could very well be out of reach by then although, our WR core has still been sick despite the injuries...cruz is a legit #1, he's proven it imho these past 4 games. then u got hixon, barden, and randle t figure out the 2 n 3 wr spots...with eli at the helm, i truly believe we're a 10 win team even w/o nicks as long as the other wr's are healthy...but yea nicks is a beast and despite how much i love cruz, nicks is the better wr atm...

I would not at all play him unless he's physically healed and ready. Don't make a mistake and lose him for the year.

I personally would want him for the division game next week but I think this team needs a real statement win. We already lost to Dallas and Philly so if he can play against the so called "best team" in the 49ers then I say let him play. Nicks is our best receiver in bump coverage and I've been seeing the 49ers playing a lot of that this season. They did it against GB but as we know GB wr have a hard time beating bump coverage. If we beat the 9ers this week it will boost this team's moral. We need this game Sunday and we are going have to have some our starters to come back to do it. Oh I also read today that Canty will practice next week and in all likely hood he will play against the skins week7.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I personally would want him for the division game next week but I think this team needs a real statement win. We already lost to Dallas and Philly so if he can play against the so called "best team" in the 49ers then I say let him play. Nicks is our best receiver in bump coverage and I've been seeing the 49ers playing a lot of that this season. They did it against GB but as we know GB wr have a hard time beating bump coverage. If we beat the 9ers this week it will boost this team's moral. We need this game Sunday and we are going have to have some our starters to come back to do it. Oh I also read today that Canty will practice next week and in all likely hood he will play against the skins week7.
    its nice to know guys are coming back. Imagine coming out of the bye with nicks, hosley, canty, and rivers all healthy? Thats what i am hoping for and this is why i dont want nicks re injuring himself. i kinda dont want him playing, but if he does i hope there are no setbacks

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I'd love to see the guy play. He will if he's ready. He has too much talent to risk hobbling him for the rest of his career by sending back too soon. We have to leave it to the training staff. But damn we need him.

If he's ready to go he should.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread